Carolina Crown 2013

I don't know if anyone else has the same thing happening, but every once in a while I get the 1...2...3...4 counting going on in my head and it becomes an ear worm that lasts a good portion of the day.

I wonder if CC members are experiencing the same thing having played the show every day.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 1

I don't know if anyone else has the same thing happening, but every once in a while I get the 1...2...3...4 counting going on in my head and it becomes an ear worm that lasts a good portion of the day.

I wonder if CC members are experiencing the same thing having played the show every day.

We chuckled about that this year in the stands. I think the question is: How long will it be before that ear worm dies in those kid's ears!

Especially those four on the sidelines. Incredible.

After winning the title this year I wonder how recruitment will play out for next years' Crown.

I think it will play out well. No doubt a lot of brass kids are going there as well as guard. Hopefully the championship will bring in some quality drummers.

Just saw from Zach's facebook that of the 32 percussion members, 24 were rookies. That's nuts.

Didn't see the post. Were they rookies to drum corps or just Crown first year members?

OK Crown honks.

What should Crown do next year?

My show:

Newton's Apple (a show about gravity)

Music of Spheres / P Sparke

Gravity / S Bareilles

( I posted this in another thread and THEN read that the entire thread was kind of silly show ideas --doh.gif oh well.)

Anyway...I want to hear Crown play Sparke !

And I think maybe Klesch could work some magic with the Sara Bareilles tune (in the fashion of how he arranged Wild Horses).

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Would be cool to see them do a Philip Sparke show. Cadets did one in '97, and it was awesome! Especially that crazy run at the beginning, kind of like Crown's run this year in the show. :thumbup:

Also, I think Sara Bareilles would work great on the field. I'm holding out hope that Bluecoats or Crown will do "Hold my Heart".

Just saw from Zach's facebook that of the 32 percussion members, 24 were rookies. That's nuts.

Sounds like Cadets guard...