G7 Update

You may be right. But the email was nothing more than a kinder, gentler retread of the same ole' G7 tactic from 2010. So, what did you expect?

We had a G7 discussion free zone on DCP since like forever.

Then George Hopscotch sent a message to the Drum Corps Outer Galaxy well beyond just the Drum Corps Planet yesterday, and so naturally posters ( and readers ) responded to this. This is a way more interesting thread than (for one example) what Drum Corps songs synchronize best with Christmas Lights.

Edited by BRASSO

You may be right. But the email was nothing more than a kinder, gentler retread of the same ole' G7 tactic from 2010. So, what did you expect?

Actually this email bears no resemblance at all to the 2010 document. You may be right that it's merely camouflage for the same agenda, but most (nearly all) of the messages here don't even pretend to address the email. They simply reiterate the same tired, old content.

Actually this email bears no resemblance at all to the 2010 document. You may be right that it's merely camouflage for the same agenda, but most (nearly all) of the messages here don't even pretend to address the email. They simply reiterate the same tired, old content.

Help us out here, corpsband. What IS that tired old content to which you refer?

• Like 1

Dan is a great guy and has done some incredible things with the organization and keeping things afloat.

What might be needed now is a different skill set and fresh approach.

Amen to that, brother. And with that in mind, I have a proposal for this new fresh approach. DCI board, appoint a Commissioner. Give him absolute power. Just like professional baseball, hockey, basketball, etc. do. And I have just the person in mind, someone who is not a member of any junior corps or on the BOD or in the "7". Yes, a new, fresh, independent benevolent despot. I give you...

Mr. Scott Stewart.

And while we're on a roll, it's time for a fresh new direction. I suggest the following few decisive steps:

1. To the "7", buh-bye. Off you go, we wish you the best.

2. To the new DCI, we're going to rebrand and distinguish ourselves. Our mission will be excellence and crowd appeal. Therefore...

3. The use of Amps and electronics is hereby revoked.

4. The score sheets are to be re-worked to place the emphasis back on brass performance and less on visual.

5. The tour will have a Regional focus with the exception of the first 2 weeks in August. Regional circuits such as DCE and DCM will be reestablished. This will be done to cut costs.

6. We will work to find a permanent outdoor venue to host our championships.

Then "let the games begin" and may the best circuit prevail!

• Like 7

SEVEN!

devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

hehehe.

Sorry, I just had to.

Back to the waffles.

This has had me :blink:/>/>/>/> since the post last night as well. What's the point? $3,250 x 7 corps is $22,750 - hardly couch money for the combined "value" of these seven corps which must be approaching something like $6million in revenues (and expenses - cough!). What was George trying to state with this factoid? That they've committed financially and that somehow cements their commitment? That they are all equal partners in crime?

There is no point. George is just one long stream of consciousness. He is in Serious need of an editor. His written communication skills are an embarrassment.

Edited by HockeyDad

The threshold issue is "Why would we want non-business people on the board of this business?"

It makes no sense that the corps people think that they are the ones who should run this thing.

because picking which songs to play requires the same skill sets as running multi million dollar budgets, duh.

• Like 1

There is no point. George is just one long stream of consciousness. He is in Serious need of an editor. His written communication skills are an embarrassment.

LMAO, only time I ever heard GH speak was at a pre-season exhibition show that was not sponsored by YEA. Pretty loose format as Cadets and Crossmen were to give their shows and then play some songs in concert formatation. GH gave a explaination about what the corps was doing as they set up..... then the corps set up..... then the corps just stood there.... and the crowd started getting antsy..... and GH was still talking. Kinda like listening to someone who couldn't figure out how to finish up. Stream of conciousness wraps it up better than he did.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Oh, then I suppose you'll just stop reading this thread you find tired and boring. See 'ya on another thread.

• Like 2