G7 Update

Stay firm this week, DCI BOD! There may be some changes worth implementing in all of this but do not let the Greedy 7 seize control. If they feel they have to leave, let them go. They'll start picking away at each other, just like they did when they had positions of power within DCI... and they'll want back in. Only BD and SCV have the $$$ to help float the other guys... and Hopkins, among others, really works the float. Stay united!

• Like 1

zipping-mouth-shut.jpg

"A slip of the lip can sink a ship..." :tongue:

• Like 1

Edited by Fran Haring

This forum is nothing more than a modern day barber shop where some of the community folk gather [...]

(Oh, it is time for my haircut. Hey, Barber, trim a little more off the top this time and please use the non-scented powder on my neck.)

I'm sorry, Mr. Barber is busy with Mr. Hopkins through next summer...

but I'm not sure which of them is doing the trimming.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

They do it in DCA.

DCI is a different animal though.

Not very clear, that post! But I'm guessing what you're saying is that in DCA --if I understand correctly-- the voting membership is based on the (ten?) highest prelim scores. (With the caveat, as I understand it, that a corps has to have also competed in at least one other DCA-sanctioned event during the season.)

I don't believe anyone else has asked: if it works for DCA, why not for DCI?

One reason, I would guess, is that an overwhelming majority of the highest class DCA corps are voting members, which would not be the case for the highest class of DCI corps under the SE7EN proposal

Nice, Jeff. I've heard about the movie, but I quiver (in a bad way) just thinking of the possible content. That's why I try to stick with Pixar.

i'll find a link and send it

:devil:/>

The way these types of disclosures are set up, information that the organization must disclose to the public is included. Any information beyond this is up to the organization themselves to choose to disclose.

I am not connected to any organization in any way.

so then what you're hinting at may not really be true

• Like 1

Or, for example, that certain leaders of the Chicago mob are drum corps vets and have an understanding of the "deeper" numbers that allows them to siphon off substantially all of DCI's revenue and funnel it to their primary foot soldiers, the G7 corps directors. Believe it or not, DCI actually generated nearly $100-million dollars in revenue in 2011 but, because of the "mystery" of 990 filings we mere mortals will never know the actual, true deeper story that the mob protects.

That sounds as silly as your example.

For someone who has posted a disdain for the cooky, unsubstaniated rumor-mongering that, supposedly, makes up so much of DCP, you sure enjoy stoking the embers that allows rumors to reach full-flame.

Opposing the rhetoric was one of the goals of the 990s thread. Maybe that's what you're really opposed to? tongue.gif/>

so DCI needs to get to loan sharking with some serious vig