G7 Update

If so, it's pretty good strategy. If nothing else, it shows that DCI IS thinking of outside-the-box ideas to grow the activity.

Also, I kinda find it humorous that in the leaked email the writer says, "we ('the 7' directors) don't have the answers," and it could be argued that this is DCI saying, "hey look at us: we have some answers!"

You are not alone. I was thinking the very same thing as a matter of fact.

Is there any chance the whole MiM program is a bluff, and that SE7EN have never had any hope of attempting to manage an entire circuit on their own? That is, does a six-show mini-tour represent, more or less, the limit of what SE7EN can do on their own, and did they set it up solely to give them leverage for this attempted power grab?

Is there any chance the whole MiM program is a bluff, and that SE7EN have never had any hope of attempting to manage an entire circuit on their own? That is, does a six-show mini-tour represent, more or less, the limit of what SE7EN can do on their own, and did they set it up solely to give them leverage for this attempted power grab?

I believe they *think* they can pull it off, but they are using this year as an opportunity to figure out if they can handle the organization of the shows and make money doing it. But even if they can be successful at this scale, I don't think a tour of only G7 shows would be very interesting over 20 shows. I honestly think the top 8 have competed too much these past two years.

Based on the reception this SoundSport announcement has received on DCP, something curious has happened.

DCP posters are applauding the same new concepts most feared the G-7 leaders were trying to ram through by sneaking their way into control of DCI.

Based on the reception this SoundSport announcement has received on DCP, something curious has happened.

DCP posters are applauding the same new concepts most feared the G-7 leaders were trying to ram through by sneaking their way into control of DCI.

my impression was that most DCP posters are worried the G7 wants complete control of DCI and to take money away from other corps and deny them performance opportunities, as outlined in their proposals....

SoundSport is nothing of the sort...

my impression was that most DCP posters are worried the G7 wants complete control of DCI and to take money away from other corps and deny them performance opportunities, as outlined in their proposals....

SoundSport is nothing of the sort...

Yes, it did come off a bit like that. On the other hand, there was a strong statement claiming these same guys and their radical changes have destroyed the activity, it's time for them to get lost, etc., etc.

Yes, it did come off a bit like that. On the other hand, there was a strong statement claiming these same guys and their radical changes have destroyed the activity, it's time for them to get lost, etc., etc.

Fred, I think the way that the Seven went about it rubbed people the wrong way. I personally was all about the ideas they were putting forth, but was distressed by the apparent disregard for their fellow corps.

I also think the difference between the G7 idea and the SoundSport/Drumline thing was that the G7 idea was meant to be on a huge, rock concert scale, where SS/DL is much smaller scale and inclusive.

Could be off the mark on all this though. :-)

Edited by ranintothedoor

Your reasoning is way flawed; nothing curious has happened! How is this applauding the G7 concepts for the DCI competitive corps or a ramming down of anything for the DCI competitive corps? SoundSport has nothing to do at all with the DCI Open Class and World Class competition but it is a completely NEW vain:

DCI Corps: Will continue to be only Youth Performers

SoundSport Ensembles: All Age Performers

DCI Corps: Will continue to be 100 yard Football Field stage

SoundSport Ensembles: 30'x30' stage

DCI Corps: Will continue to be up to 150 Performers

SoundSport Ensembles: 50 or less Performers

DCI Corps: Will continue to be Movement and Choreography Mandatory

SoundSport Ensembles: Movement and Choreography Optional

DCI Corps: Will continue to be just Drum Corps

SoundSport Ensembles: Any Instrumentation

• Like 3

Fred, I think the way that the Seven went about it rubbed people the wrong way. I personally was all about the ideas they were putting forth, but was distressed by the apparent disregard for their fellow corps.

I also think the difference between the G7 idea and the SoundSport/Drumline thing was that the G7 idea was meant to be on a huge, rock concert scale, where SS/DL is much smaller scale and inclusive.

Could be off the mark on all this though. :-)

No one was off the mark. We were on the only mark we were given.