DCI BOD Response

Really?! wow these conspiracy theories know no bounds...

Well when you find that I have presented it as a conspiracy theory. I'll be glad to retract it...

Just a mental exercise of coming up with wierd ###ed ideas for a DCI group to have a DCA corps. And I use these wierd ###ed mental exercises a lot in the programming aspect of my job. Only one saying it's a conspiracy theory is... you....

But I will say that nothing ic DC surprises me anymore... :devil:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

well, in some ways, yes it is true....if nothing else, it delayed death, because as they were going, it wouldn't have lasted. Now, as to the whole You Eat After stuff, that's a different ballgame and conversation, but in many ways, YEA did save Bones from death.

I was there at YEA that first year. Crossmen had basically Tealed themselves. They were already dead.

While the You Eat After thing is sort of cute, it was more like You Eat ... Actually.

Kids ate better than they ever had previously. There was quite a lot of talk from Crossmen alumni then... but, save a few isolated exceptions, not much more.

Not only did YEA save Crossmen from folding, they kept them in finals almost every year they were supporting them.

But it's not like the Texas group was the only option, it was just the only one thatwas paid attention to

There was not another REALISTIC option. Again, a lot of talk...

• Like 5

Well when you find that I have presented it as a conspiracy theory. I'll be glad to retract it...

Just a mental exercise of coming up with wierd ###ed ideas for a DCI group to have a DCA corps. And I use these wierd ###ed mental exercises a lot in the programming aspect of my job. Only one saying it's a conspiracy theory is... you....

But I will say that nothing ic DC surprises me anymore... :devil:/>/>

I do not have the burden proof! As the concpiracy theorist... YOU DO. So get cracking...

Maybe Drum Corps part time on the weekend and Drum Corps Full Time Summer are perfect compliments that reach the widest audience for those interested in Drum Corps. Oh but George Hopkins so it's a terrible sinister idea meaning to prepare for disaster of his own doing.

And it's not the DCI corps that owns a DCA corps. I guess that's where your thinking excercise gets off track. It's two separate corps in two different divisions with different competitors and time restraints. The only thing that connects them is the parent body YEA.

Now begin to wider why a youth performing arts charity WOULDN'T expand into DCA and you won't be so quick to cater to concpiracy theories. (And trust me I'm not the only one would think that if they payed attention to what you wrote)

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 2

I do not have the burden proof! As the concpiracy theorist... YOU DO. So get cracking...

Maybe Drum Corps part time on the weekend and Drum Corps Full Time Summer are perfect compliments that reach the widest audience for those interested in Drum Corps. Oh but George Hopkins so it's a terrible sinister idea meaning to prepare for disaster of his own doing.

And it's not the DCI corps that owns a DCA corps. I guess that's where your thinking excercise gets off track. It's two separate corps in two different divisions with different competitors and time restraints. The only thing that connects them is the parent body YEA.

Now begin to wider why a youth performing arts charity WOULDN'T expand into DCA and you won't be so quick to cater to concpiracy theories. (And trust me I'm not the only one would think that if they payed attention to what you wrote)

Seeing how I said that what I posted wasn't a conspiracy theory....

READING COMPREHENSION!!! <$1 to CB> :rolleyes:/>

Wow... someone took me seriously... :tongue: But who knows in the future :devil:

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

And while you're at it, please retract your post giving away the location of the movie studio where the first moon landing was filmed. :tongue:

Seeing how I said that what I posted wasn't a conspiracy theory....

READING COMPREHENSION!!! <$1 to CB> :rolleyes:/>/>/>

Wow... someone took me seriously... :tongue:/>/> But who knows in the future :devil:/>/>

What? By saying that it merely suggests that what your saying is possible fact. Like if I said "UFO govt coverup is not a concpiracy theory" what does that imply to you?

Do you mean to say that you were being sarcastic in you thoughts about the purpose of Cadets2? Because it certainly seems to undermine the actual purpose of a drum corps which is not cool.

Edited by charlie1223

Not only did YEA save Crossmen from folding, they kept them in finals almost every year they were supporting them.

I think many people don't realize that Crossmen really started to suffer competitively when they more or less "fired" the creative staff that George/YEA! installed after YEA! became involved with the corps.

If anyone is wondering, YEA! basically absorbed ALL of Crossmen's debts in exchange for all of their assets, with the idea being that a single organization could serve two corps more efficiently than two organizations could. I suspect that this is probably correct, but the implementation went a bit haywire after a few years.

Sorry for the off-topic posts.

What? By saying that it merely suggests that what your saying is possible fact. Like if I said "UFO govt coverup is not a concpiracy theory" what does that imply to you?

In English please.... If you mean my "Who knows in the future" and "Nothing surprises me anymore" that is me saying that anything is possible. And after almost 40 years *gag* of changes in DC nothing should surprise me anymore cuz anything is possible. (Like Cadets2 may be YEAs only competitive corps if G7 goes "something else" than the DCI model.) And my :devil: was me laughing that my smart ##### post was taken seriously.

Do you mean to say that you were being sarcastic in you thoughts about the purpose of Cadets2? Because it certainly seems to undermine the actual purpose of a drum corps which is not cool.

I have no idea of what is the "purpose" of C2 and don't really care. As I posted months ago (pre-DCA Finals) I was glad that there was a new corps and a new Open Class to boot. PS - liked their show too along with the crowd at Annapolis.

Personally the thing I like least about the corps is their name.... Yeesh a name with a number after it... just like Conqueror II in Canada or Targets II being feeder of Targets Jr in Springfield, MA.

And Fran... no movie studio... it was the old Roosevelt Field.... :devil:/>

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I was there at YEA that first year. Crossmen had basically Tealed themselves. They were already dead.

Teal now is a verb. Hilarious. (Sorry Teal fans, I realize it's not funny to you.)

I wonder if Cavaliers will "Crown" themselves this year?

I wonder if Cadets will "Cavalier" themselves.

Nearly every BD fan thinks they will "BD" themselves every year.

I wonder if any more victims will be "Phantomed" this year?

:tongue:/>

Teal now is a verb. Hilarious. (Sorry Teal fans, I realize it's not funny to you.)

I wonder if Cavaliers will "Crown" themselves this year?

I wonder if Cadets will "Cavalier" themselves.

Nearly every BD fan thinks they will "BD" themselves every year.

I wonder if any more victims will be "Phantomed" this year?

:tongue:/>/>/>/>/>

All of those such negative connotations when said like that too which is funnier.

Phantomed: to be put to death in an exaggerated fashion

To Cavalier: to try so hard to be cool you that fall on your face and break your wide rimmed sunglasses.

To BD: To win while not giving a #### about anything

To Crown: to give all your effort but always come up short.

To Cadet: To fall victim to controversial circumstances

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1