Big Announcement from DCI coming Friday

Four tweets thus far:

Also, Facebook:

And amongst the Facebook comments, DCI says:

The "battle" was last season, between a anti-drum corps show and a show for the common good of DCI!

DCI never pays attention to what is about to hit them, even though the strikes are from within.

• Like 2

I'm not sure a "battle" would translate into adding things in to the activity, such as woodwinds. It would be nice if they decided to bring finals to California, but that doesn't say "battle" to me either.

Hmmm, maybe the word "battle" could translate into "challenge" and they are probably going to announce the recruitment for ambassadors again, and the challenge will be to fill the theatres in the early season fathom events casts?

Now I'm thinking too far into it. I'm sure it's not G7 related, or else it would say "war" and not "battle" (KIDDING!) :tongue:/>

IF it's a "battle" of DCI vs MIMPA (G7 corps organization), what's to battle?

In August if the MIMPA corps are at DCI's Championship, allow them to give their own trophy (which I'm sure they have already designed since they seem to be on top of things) AND DCI still crowns their own World Champion!

That simple.

AND...compared to their "Big" announcements from the past it will be nothing to be excited or nervous about I'm sure.

Just another poor PR (and I don't mean Phantom Regiment) move.

Possibly a new franchise that sells Gatorade and PB&J sandwiches, with locations around popular DCI show sites.

• Like 2

Do not let Boo fool you all! Mike Boo and Michael Cesario are going to re-enact the, umm..., Battle of the Bulge! :tongue:/>

:lol::w00t::thumbup:

I believe that come Friday, DCI is going to admit its complicity in the Manti Te'o controversy.