What would YOU pay?

well, it would probably hurt DCA's attendance more than DCI, because who the hell wants to go to Rochester?

Here the same thing about Indy around DCP too.

Invite two people over, and hook your computer to your TV! :thumbup:/>

I do that, and the difference between, say, NBC HD vs Fan Network HD is really not that comparable. It's gotten better, and I do hook my computer up to our TV every live-stream during the season, but I get that the OP is likely trying to make the point that if he is going to pay a $50 premium for the event it would be awesome if it was a true HD broadcast instead of computer stream.

I do that, and the difference between, say, NBC HD vs Fan Network HD is really not that comparable. It's gotten better, and I do hook my computer up to our TV every live-stream during the season, but I get that the OP is likely trying to make the point that if he is going to pay a $50 premium for the event it would be awesome if it was a true HD broadcast instead of computer stream.

Yes, that was my implication. I didn't know that the Fan Network streams were available in HD; I don't have a subscription.

WGI has done this for a few years now. Does anyone know the numbers from their side?

I think it's $30 for an entire day of streaming all Finals classes, maybe $20 for prelims.

Of course, they sell-out their arena (Percussion finals, at least) regularly. This week I got an email sent out to directors saying that even though registration for groups going to Championships is Feb. 22 they are already at capacity, due to a 10%ish growth of groups. They're allowing for groups who haven't registered to contact them ASAP so they can evaluate if WGI needs to get another venue for prelims in order to accommodate.

DCI doesn't have that amount of fans (constant sellouts for Finals), so I think that it is kind of not exactly a fair comparison. Of course I would love for DCI to do things similar to WGI (for example, I've been asking DCI for years to sell 'on demand' mix-type DVD's, where you can choose up to 6 or 8 shows of any year DCI has available), but it's kind of apples/oranges.

Yes, that was my implication. I didn't know that the Fan Network streams were available in HD; I don't have a subscription.

They've kind of experimented recently with a regular stream, and then a 'beta test' HD stream that may be a little bit glitchy, partly due to internet capabilities of computer & provider. It is a HUGE improvement, and I had minimal problems with it in 2012.

In their decision, DCI will have to consider the local economy taking a hit.

Only if their data says that a significant amount of people do not go to Finals specifically because of the live stream.

I also think it might be prudent for DCI set up the service like MLB live streaming: where you are limited by a certain radius of the billing zip code to a local team. For example, The Padres are my hometown team, and if I get the MLB live-streaming service I can watch any MLB game all season long EXCEPT for Padres games. They do this likely as a deal with the owners + local TV broadcasters.

If DCI were to do this with a specific radius of Indy, i.e. if I live 10 miles from Lucas Oil Stadium and the credit card billing address shows that they can not purchase the event, they would be able to minimize loss.

Of course, that doesn't necessarily deal with the local economy taking a hit, but I think as others have said DCI Championships is such a social thing the hit would be minimal anyway. I know a LOT of people from the mid-west who drive to Indy to hang out with old corps friends, but don't attend any DCI events. They meet friends at bars, drink to old times, hang out, etc. without buying any tickets.

(for example, I've been asking DCI for years to sell 'on demand' mix-type DVD's, where you can choose up to 6 or 8 shows of any year DCI has available), but it's kind of apples/oranges.

I would SO do this! I'd even get Fan Network if I could purchase/download DVD/BluRay quality videos the same way...