Open spots?

If anyone is looking for a percussionist of any sort, I have a friend who goes to Northwestern University for music performance (their music school is quite good) and is looking for a spot in a corps. He plays mallet percussion primarily, but marched snare drum throughout high school, so he could fill in any spot in the battery or front ensemble.

Contact me for contact info.

Edited by Some Random Drummer

• 3 weeks later...

West Texas

Man it seems like a no-brainer from West Texas that she'd play in Crossmen - things seem to be going well down there. Baritones always find a place to play though. If she wants the Open Class experience she would love the 7th Regiment from New London CT. They have a terrific talented staff and the corps boxes way above their weight class, if you'll accept that metaphor.

Some corps will need baris - they always do - a good one can play pretty close to anywhere.

The beauty of the baritone, besides its golden tone.

(Fran don't say a word about my baritone playing - most of these people don't know what you know)..

If anyone is looking for a percussionist of any sort, I have a friend who goes to Northwestern University for music performance (their music school is quite good) and is looking for a spot in a corps. He plays mallet percussion primarily, but marched snare drum throughout high school, so he could fill in any spot in the battery or front ensemble.

Contact me for contact info.

Percussionists have agents now?

• Like 1

Not sure how if this has been posted anywhere, or how old it is, but a Facebook friend just posted this today:

The Madison Scouts has select openings available for 1 trumpet, 2 baritone/euphoniums, 1 tuba and 2 guard members. Applicants must be highly proficient and available from May 24 through August 10. For information on how to submit an audition video, contact Dann Petersen director@madisonscouts.org.

* and yes, I realize that this doesn't help the original poster, whose friend looking for a spot is a she.

Edited by oldsoprano