is I&E no more?

I was asking Rick Odello if my son could compete in guitar in I&E and then he told me there wasn't going to be any. I assume that is for Open class but what about WC?

That really sucks big time they pulled it in any class!

G7 didn't want to participate anymore, right?

Right. Because kids do Solo & Ensemble contest in high school, and they are much better at teaching basic technique. So corps don't need to waste time with it.

Foolish.

("Them", not you soccerguy)

While it might have been around a long time, I&E has been losing momentum for a very long time ago. What it is today is deeply diminished from what some might be remembering.

HH

This is a great point, and I've gotten the impression that the culture with membership has changed significantly over they ears about I&E. It seems to me that the membership is not as interested in putting the (extra) work into doing I&E pieces. If that's the case, and interest has waned a bit, and the majority of corps membership isn't interested, then so be it. I liked it when I was in high school, but it never did much for me after I had attended a few of them; I'm much more interested in what members & corps do on the field than in an auditorium, in the parking lot, etc.