Unusually quiet in Cadetland

based on a Facebook post where something was said about cutting costs/programs, maybe the new camp schedule is a good thing

• Like 2

Perhaps we'll see a puff of white smoke from the chimney at YEA headquarters soon, indicating stuff being done there. :tongue:/>

While "the Other Mike" might have been ever so subtley linking G7, infallibility, and certain Allentown personages in a back handed way,

There already is a thread, Drum Corps at the Vatican, Who knew? http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/155556-drum-corps-at-the-vatican/

sTt ONE change! no pontificating, just specificsno pontificating, just specifics

and with Fred's other thread, "Just one change...and no PONTIFICATING" http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/155558-just-one-change/

we seem to have our theme for the week.

Oh how we stay so current on DCP. :-)

While "the Other Mike" might have been ever so subtley linking G7, infallibility, and certain Allentown personages in a back handed way,

MIGHT ? I must be losing my touch

• Like 1

I attended the Cadets percussion only camp last weekend. Percussion section is very strong and has a very high level of talent and experience. With the exception of the pit, all sections have good vet retention (5 of 9 snares are vets). Colin McNutt has established a very high-level program at the Cadets; this percussion section will be a force this summer!

Can you wait until Monday? "Director George Hopkins will lead a webinar on Monday, March 18, to discuss the progress of the 2013 Cadets. Special guests will be percussion supervisors Colin McNutt and Iain Moyer."

I just said the same thing to a friend earlier today and he also mentioned the camp schedule. Wonder how that will play out come move-in time.

Bluecoats have been doing a similar thing with their camp schedule for the last few years, so it probably won't affect Cadets too much

Grand!

It seems that Pioneer and the Green Team aren't the only ones with lepruchans afoot.

Cead Mile Failte (A Thousand Welcomes!) even though Hopkins is a bloody English name.

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=21854&news_iv_ctrl=1002

• Like 2

MIGHT ? I must be losing my touch

slacker

:tongue:/>

Didn't Hop have a webinar thing on Monday? Did no one on DCP tune in??

Didn't Hop have a webinar thing on Monday? Did no one on DCP tune in??

The webinar was mostly about Colin and Ian's education and work experience. Of interest was both said it was the strongest percussion line they've had in maybe 10 years as far as talent, drive and vet retention. Also said the show was very percussively driven. They sounded excited.

• Like 1