How many of you went to the 2012 world finals?

How many of you went to the 2012 world finals?Who did you go with? What about the finals in 2011, 2010, 2009 etc...

I went in 09 and 10 but skipped '11 due to family vacation conflict and '12 due to being broke after Disney trip.

In 09 I took my wife, and 10 I took my dad because my wife found out hours before that her college professor who was her mentor had been suddenly rushed to the hospital....so she stayed back at the hotel.

Edited by DCImonkey

I've been to every Finals since 1989 (with the exception of one year - 2001 - when a good friend of mine who happens to be my old high school trumpet teacher asked me to stand up in his wedding on the same day as Finals). Our group that goes is made up of family and friends, and a number of us marched together.

Our tradition started when Finals was in Kansas City and some of us had recently graduated. We were happy to see that what we watched on PBS the previous two years was in a city close to where we lived. We decided to go and enjoyed it a lot, and decided to make it a tradition ever since.

We liked it much better when Finals rotated and we also got a vacation out of it every year, but on the bright side, at least Indy is only a couple hours away by car and we don't have to pay for airfare anymore.

• Like 1

I went as support staff with my son's corps. I have not been to finals since 2002 before that. Unfortunately, I couldn't justify going to finals on my own (no Les Mis pun intended)since I have been lucky enough to have them all near my home less than a week before finals for a fraction of the cost.

haven't been since the 2005 finals in Boston

My upper deck 50 yard line seats in 640 is where I roost with friends. He is a Garfield alum who went on to be one of the founders of Carolina Crown (most of their founders were from Greater New York who got transferred down South.) With a few rare exceptions I have been to most Championships since DCI started. Worked on the field crew for a few of the first ones before my legs got too ornery. I have worked with 3 DCI World Class medalist units over my years including two multiple champions plus others as a consultant. Still love it and the folks who do it.

Edited by normy diploome
  • Like 1

Went in 2011 and 2012, not sure yet about this year. My family went with me in 2012 and even though I went solo in 2011 there were plenty of Troop friends to visit with!

Been to Finals from 2009 to 2012. Just bought tickets for 2013.

2012 yes, 2013 no.

Even years only for me, not cheap from this side of the pond.