DCI needs to learn...

Stu....

just for clarification:

I didn't introduce it to DCP. In fact I never heard of it until DCP, and to date, I have never watched it.

I was going to let you take the blame, but I think it was actually me who mentioned it two years ago.

Stu....

just for clarification:

I didn't introduce it to DCP. In fact I never heard of it until DCP, and to date, I have never watched it.

Thank goodness, I didn't think you were a Perry County "you know what" bag.

(An inside joke unless others here follow the Mayor of Harrisburgs latest ramblings.)

See ya Tomorrow night....

You raise valid points, but there is one thing to keep in mind. PBS loses money on many of its programs, including stalwarts as "Masterpiece" and "Live from the Met." Specials such as Celtic Thunder, Andrea Bocelli, Celtic Women, Andre Riu, Suze Orman,etc. aired during fundraising sessions offset the losses. However, PBS has a seasoned audience for Masterpiece and opera, but not drum corps, so they may not feel the need to resume broadcasts. Also, you are right about "Sesame Street." However, when this debate has surfaced in other threads, I thought the biggest reason for ESPN taking over the broadcasts was not PBS abandoning DCI but DCI hoping to make money from the broadcasts. I could be wrong. Remember, I did not know about "Punkin Chunkin" until today, so what do I know?

PBS doesn't solely live on donations alone. if the government cuts funding, they're ####ed

And I was all ready to address you as Mr. Chunkin at our next show :-(

and I would have been ready to assess a penalty of some sort

:devil:/>

I have thought for a long time that DCI needs to just get it over with and go to the digital age. I bought the FN during the off season and personally don't think I would again. I think a few things need to happen

1.) Roku, PS3, ipad, droid, iphone, windows8 and other digital "Apps" that can be used to view scores, live events (with a FN subscription of course), and back-logged videos. These products are relatively cheap (the roku box especially) and would provide the possibility of watching these events on your home TV (there's also appleTV and a cable you can use to hook up your iPhone to the tv). They don't run on Hulu or Netflix, they are their own stand-alone apps that work like the netflix app on the PS3. Allow me to view it all on the TV!

2.) Live PPV of Finals. As many said, its just stupid that they haven't capitalized on that yet. Would be even cooler if thy did this through the apps mentioned in #1.

3.) I know it may not get the most approval, but its just my opinion. If they go to TV, make it about the run for gold and the rivalries between the corps at "the top". I love all drum corps, but we know that starting a national broadcast which is supposed to increase our viewership with the #12 corps might be a turn off to John Q. Public (then again many of us on here believe these might be the most accessible shows). Of course, those groups at "the top" don't even want to really be part of DCI, so it would probably be pretty tough to get them to sign on to something promoting themselves so wholly without wanting a major piece of the pie.

apology accepted Stu. Way to own up to your error

• Like 1

apology accepted Stu. Way to own up to your error

Wow; tone of voice is hard to decipher in the written word. Please tell me you jest with this sarcasm. Or are you really that offended and thin skinned concerning me not 'formally' apologizing for erroneously attributing you mentioning a dumb stupid show like the Chunkin first here on DCP?

• Like 1

Wow; tone of voice is hard to decipher in the written word. Please tell me you jest with this sarcasm. Or are you really that offended and thin skinned concerning me not 'formally' apologizing for erroneously attributing you mentioning a dumb stupid show like the Chunkin first here on DCP?

Stu,

When am I NOT sarcastic?