Drum Speak

Come on, do your best drum speak riff here... Let's hear it?

• Like 1

buh-ga-duh-buh-ga-duh-buh-ga-duh-buh-ga-duh-buh-ga-duh-buh-ga-duh-buh-ga-duh-buh-ga-duh-...

Edited by ranintothedoor

Got this from facebook once -->

"Google has its fingers in a lot of different pies. Most of these are useful and financially profitable, but the company is also known for spending some time fine-tuning its quirky sense of humour. In the following example, you’ll be able to hear a man beatboxing, courtesy of Google Translate. Simply go to the website and paste the below text into the box, set the languages from English to German and click listen. The Alt Text over the listen button even reads “Beatbox”.

pv zk bschk pv zk pv bschk zk pv zk bschk pv zk pv bschk zk bschk pv bschk bschk pv kkkkkkkkkk bschk bschk bschk pv zk bschk pv zk pv bschk zk pv zk bschk pv zk pv bschk zk bschk pv bschk bschk pv kkkkkkkkkk bschk bschk bschk pv zk bschk pv zk pv bschk zk pv zk bschk pv zk pv bschk zk bschk pv bschk bschk pv kkkkkkkkkk bschk bschk bschk pv zk bschk pv zk pv bschk zk pv zk bschk pv zk pv bschk zk bschk pv bschk bschk pv kkkkkkkkkk bschk bschk bschk pv zk bschk pv zk pv bschk zk pv zk bschk pv zk pv bschk zk bschk pv bschk bschk pv kkkkkkkkkk bschk bschk bschk

We’re not sure what the German has to do with all this, nor what the point altogether is, but none of that matters. Check it out."

It's amazing :-)!

• Like 2

Big-Id-A-Boosh!

Boosh = full battery, cymbal line, pit on cymbals/basses/gongs

Spiga duh hose bag

My favorite Tom Float-ism.

Dan

Well, there's always the classic that BD has NOT played in some form since the end of the 89 show.

Darrls-darlls-darrls di-gack digadadigada Darrls-darlls-darrls di-gack digadadigada Darrls-darlls-darrls a chiga diga dut *stick click* DIGA CHUT!

• Like 2

Well, there's always the classic that BD has NOT played in some form since the end of the 89 show.

Darrls-darlls-darrls di-gack digadadigada Darrls-darlls-darrls di-gack digadadigada Darrls-darlls-darrls a chiga diga dut *stick click* DIGA CHUT!

Which is a danged shame - that's a signature phrase for them! (And yes, I'm happily drumming along on my desk as I say that out loud...)

They also used it as the end of their 60-second warmup during that time as well, right?

Mike

( sounds of rumbling through the percussion accessory locker...no, dat ain't it,...this ? no )

ME: what the hell is going on back there ?

Drum Sgt: Ummm we're trying to find something but we don't know what it looks like ?

Me: what is it ?

Drum Sgt: Whats a Tacet look like

back on subject:

dush dush dush dush dush dup dep da didush dush dush dush dup dip da diush dush dep da diush dush hell now I'm lost

from 1972 tim tom feature

• Like 1

The winter drumline I teach did an 80's themed show this season and we had the above lick in the show, followed by a sampled voice of a valley girl "Oh my god, thats sooo 80's". Got a laugh from many judges all season, but it was especially cool having Mike McIntosh judge us at our last show since he marched BD in the 80's......he probably had the best reaction from a judge all season.

Edited by dbg
  • Like 2

Which is a danged shame - that's a signature phrase for them! (And yes, I'm happily drumming along on my desk as I say that out loud...)

They also used it as the end of their 60-second warmup during that time as well, right?

Mike

Possibly, but I was too busy blasting out F Tuning to pay attention to the battery's warmup...

• Like 2