Homosexuality in Drum Corps

Take three normal looking guys (one is a pervert, one is a gay guy that has no interest, one is just some average dude) and put each of them in a womens' locker room. You will get the exact same reaction.

Weird thought experiment, I know.

I COMPLETELY disagree.... I think you would have three VERY different reactions... or did you mean reactions from teh women as opposed to the men? Reactions from the women, and yes, i think would all be the same, but I think the reaction from man to man would be different. Maybe I misunderstood your comment though?

Line I have an issue with is: "Just because you're a dude and there's a gay dude in the locker room with you doesn't mean that person wants to jump your bones!" which I do not believe. But that doesn't rule out getting looked over while in the shower. Or at least the fear of getting checked out.

C'mon (hetro) guys.. we check out the women when we get the chance. And if we were all in a co-ed shower do you think some of the guys wouldn't have problems keeping their eyes off a nice looking female.

So what would be the difference between hetro in the co-ed shower and gay in the same sex shower? And how much more alike can ya get?

Again, as a gay man, yeah, I'd look. Then i'd go about my day. I HAVE checked out my corps brothers, and then went about my day. It ended there. I didn't hit on them no matter how hot I thought they were because frankly, it didn't matter. A friend of mine in another corps didn't shave down below and they would often yell "XXXXXX, trim your bush!" These were straight friends of his (he is straight too). So yeah, STRAIGHT men were looking at other STRAIGHT men and checking them out (in a non sexual way).....how would that be any different???

• Like 1

Dude, I didn't slam you. This was me letting you know that you posted in a misleading way... I mean those people downvoted for you a reason and I'm explaining why... reread the post.

Still not sure what I posted that was misleading. Guessing it was something that could be taken more than one way and I'm only seeing the one way. Would have appreciated the words "misleading" so I would know better what's going on.

Yeah I have thin skin on people thinking I have a problem with <insert group here>. With my age, looks (rednecky beard at times) and people I worked with it's easy to assume wrong. And boy have some people have assumed. :rock:

LOL - yeah have seen GH in person and (if I went that way :tongue: ) I'd think he'd be cute...

Again, as a gay man, yeah, I'd look. Then i'd go about my day. I HAVE checked out my corps brothers, and then went about my day. It ended there. I didn't hit on them no matter how hot I thought they were because frankly, it didn't matter. A friend of mine in another corps didn't shave down below and they would often yell "XXXXXX, trim your bush!" These were straight friends of his (he is straight too). So yeah, STRAIGHT men were looking at other STRAIGHT men and checking them out (in a non sexual way).....how would that be any different???

I'm buying ya a drink buddy....

• Like 1

Still not sure what I posted that was misleading. Guessing it was something that could be taken more than one way and I'm only seeing the one way. Would have appreciated the words "misleading" so I would know better what's going on.

Yeah I have thin skin on people thinking I have a problem with <insert group here>. With my age, looks (rednecky beard at times) and people I worked with it's easy to assume wrong. And boy have some people have assumed. :rock:/>/>

LOL - yeah have seen GH in person and (if I went that way :tongue:/>/> ) I'd think he'd be cute...

Well, that can explain it! Because I knew from your post you weren't but I was explaining how it may have been perceived as misleading given the negatives you were unjustly getting. I honestly, and purposefully didn't want to come across as hounding you because there was no reason to.

Edited by charlie1223

Jim did post in an sort of ignorant way as well, hence the down voting. We've got to remember though, there are many age groups in here that express things differently.

LOL - some of us came before PC (politically correct or personal computer).

Yeah I can be blunt but would rather people be PO'ed at me for the right reason than agree with me for the wrong reason. And I do like talking to people I disagree with as it's less boring that way.

Well, that can explain it! Because I knew from your post you weren't but I was explaining how it may have been perceived as misleading given the negatives you were unjustly getting. I honestly, and purposefully didn't want to come across as hounding you because there was no reason to.

You weren't hounding, you were just the first (only) one to respond so I took the opportunity to ask via post/PM.

Okay, well I didn't realize that using the imagery of George Hopkins naked would come across as polarizing. Clearly it's just indicative of DCP. More time explaining how we were misrepresented than actually explaining what we meant.

For what its worth I don't think ANYONE on this thread has been offensive, even just a little. Even all the people I was responding to weren't offensive! And I wasn't offended. I mean, what I wrote didn't indict anyone. I was clearly explaining how their words came across in a very light-hearted way and only spoke about the words typed and not the person.

I talked about George Hopkins naked for goodness sake! Clearly I was being silly.

Of topic... if you want to PM me about how I'm polarizing let me know...

Agreed, I don't believe that anyone has been offensive. I sent you a PM.