Tickets for Tour of Champions -- J Birney, PA 8/4/13

I thought the official line was that BAC declined to enter the TOC, not that they were excluded.

Absolutely not. Despite the fact that they "qualified" for it based on placement in the 2012 finals, they were not invited. Didn't we discuss all this all last winter?

I have moved past this, and I don't want to re-litigate this issue all over again. I just wanted to say that I would not be attending this show due to the artificial nature of the "Top 8" lineup. That is all.

• Like 3

J. Birney Crum is the official final spot for ToC.

http://www.yea.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=22008&news_iv_ctrl=1002

Is YEA trying to rewrite the past?

For months now, fans and friends of The Cadets and drum corps around the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast have been eagerly awaiting news on the August 4 Tour of Champions event featuring last season's top seven corps in the world.

Finding a suitable location for The Cadets to host the final regular-season showdown between the Blue Devils, Carolina Crown, Phantom Regiment, Santa Clara Vanguard, Bluecoats and The Cavaliers along the Atlantic seaboard has been more difficult in 2013 than ever before.

Small but tacky..

• Like 6

I wonder if they considered PPL Park in Chester again since there's a regular season show there?

1366932529[/url]' post='3258657']

Is YEA trying to rewrite the past?

Small but tacky..

Intentional?

Intentional?

Well... it is shorter than "last season's top seven corps in the world, except for one corps that actually was in the top seven but was not invited to this event, even though a corps that was not in the top seven was." :tongue:

• Like 1

I wonder if they considered PPL Park in Chester again since there's a regular season show there?

Read the article that goes with the link. They mention this and the reason why not.

Not included in the discussed stadia is the Columbia University Football Stadium in NYC; artificial turf, lights, and recently re-done. Would market to a different crowd.

Most interesting is the switch for Cadets and Blue Devils in the DCI 2 night regionals in Allentown. Cadets now on Friday in Allentown, BD now plays to the Saturday crowd. Interesting...

Edited by normy diploome