Rumblings from CADETLAND

I can't believe I missed the webcast today because I was sitting on stupid I-95 in traffic coming from DC. But I saw a short clip of Medea that GH posted on Facebook. SWEET JESUS that is HOT! I can't wait to hear the entire show.

You can still watch it at the UStream site ...

You can still watch it at the UStream site ...

Is there a link you can post? I can't seem to find it.

Anyone know if you can watch the stream again somewhere?

Above he said on UStream but I can't seem to find it.

I didn't know about it. Was it on the DCP calendar? (looks pretty blank right now...)

Edit: As this very moment there are 10 guests and 2 registered users reading this thread. Corps could obviously get a lot of support by promoting their events here. I guess people don't read the calendar much, but at least a thread would help.

Edited by Pete Freedman

I didn't know about it. Was it on the DCP calendar? (looks pretty blank right now...)

Edit: As this very moment there are 10 guests and 2 registered users reading this thread. Corps could obviously get a lot of support by promoting their events here. I guess people don't read the calendar much, but at least a thread would help.

It was listed on DCP last week on the other Cadetland thread by BassDJ or somebody. When ever you point a finger at someone else, the other four point right back to the speaker!!!

In case anyone hasn't heard, the Cadets are posting a live video broadcast of ensemble rehearsal on this Sunday, April 28th. Information here!

Edited by normy diploome
  • Like 1

Is there a link you can post? I can't seem to find it.

Above he said on UStream but I can't seem to find it.

I went to the Cadet site link of the video ... and then down on the right it said the live broadcast is over (or something similar) and there was a link to a recorded version ... this was the same day, less than an hour after it was over ...

The mid section seems impressionistic and I especially love the mallet writing in conjunction with the brass. The closer is Medea. They only played a portion of that.

I was wondering about that. I know they played it, and I remember Hop saying it was the end of the show, but... I really was hoping for more. I guess it's possible I misunderstood and they didn't do the entire closer.

I hope so anyway.

The opener was way more intense than what I heard of the closer.

Heard a little from a video a friend on Facebook posted. Awesome stuff! Not the greatest recording.. but I'm excited about this show!

I was wondering about that. I know they played it, and I remember Hop saying it was the end of the show, but... I really was hoping for more. I guess it's possible I misunderstood and they didn't do the entire closer.

I hope so anyway.

The opener was way more intense than what I heard of the closer.

Wait, Medea is the closer? Then what is the opener? I didn't hear what that sounds like.

The closer is Medea. They only played a portion of that.

I heard that they originally played that during ensemble, but it was during the technical difficulties. Once the feed was fixed, I assume they didn't have enough time in rehearsal to do it again, what with getting members to the airport and what not.