Rumblings from CADETLAND

The opener is Adagio For Strings followed by Barbers Symphony Number 1 (mvt1 then mvt2) then mvt3 of that symphony is the ballad. The closer is Medea.

Ahh thank you.

Check out the Erie Thunderbird All Star thread on the All-Age Forum. Gary M. of T-birds confirms that the Cadets (DCI corps) will be marching and performing in the Erie, PA. anniversary parade on May 25th plus a slew of other corps. Nice day for drum corps.

It was listed on DCP last week on the other Cadetland thread by BassDJ or somebody. When ever you point a finger at someone else, the other four point right back to the speaker!!!

In case anyone hasn't heard, the Cadets are posting a live video broadcast of ensemble rehearsal on this Sunday, April 28th. Information here!

It looks like he did it on his own. And if he hadn't done it we still probably wouldn't know about it. Also, it wasn't 'listed' exactly, it was mentioned in passing in a discussion about the lack of information coming from the Cadets. Quite ironic. It was the promotional equivalent of putting an index card with the information on a bulletin board in the basement of an unused building. Ok, that's overdoing it; maybe a used building.

He shouldn't have had to do that; the Cadets should have started a thread for it. That's my point.

It looks like he did it on his own. And if he hadn't done it we still probably wouldn't know about it. Also, it wasn't 'listed' exactly, it was mentioned in passing in a discussion about the lack of information coming from the Cadets. Quite ironic. It was the promotional equivalent of putting an index card with the information on a bulletin board in the basement of an unused building. Ok, that's overdoing it; maybe a used building.

He shouldn't have had to do that; the Cadets should have started a thread for it. That's my point.

Now this may go in the record book for me defending Hopkins for perhaps a first time - but excuse me, DCP is not the Congressional Record of drum corps.

On the Cadets' web page and on their Fb page, there was certainly notice about this for more than a few days. Seek and ye shall find.

Usually what Hopkins and team place on DCP involves money, administration jobs, ticket selling, and auditions. The rest seem to be re-posts from his web and FB.

As far as I know they are the only World Class corps this season that has given such large access to the general public. Others, like Madison, Crown, etc. have restricted it to their donors/alums/ or FB users.

For instance:

Many corps had camp this past weekend: Cavies, Regiment, Madison, etc. NONE have posted on DCP. Get over it.

Edited by normy diploome
  • Like 3

Now this may go in the record book for me defending Hopkins for perhaps a first time - but excuse me, DCP is not the Congressional Record of drum corps.

No, but if you think that nobody looks at it you are just as mistaken. I can easily name many corps directors, designers, staff, and judges that I know for a fact read this forum.

Sure we make a lot of noise, but it's heard, for better or worse.

No, but if you think that nobody looks at it you are just as mistaken. I can easily name many corps directors, designers, staff, and judges that I know for a fact read this forum.

Sure we make a lot of noise, but it's heard, for better or worse.

...in sickness and in health, until death. That is the symbiotic relationship between the activity and its' fans.

Schickm, I do agree with you.

But the pouting because of failure to do due diligence is different from saying, "Hey, here's an example where this corps OR ANY CORPS can beef up its relationship with its fans, hype it's marketing, and broaden it's base by deliberately expanding some advertising in the off season."

That might have been intended. But that is not what the poster said. It comes across as whining by someone(s) who missed the opportunity of listening pre-season although the info was sufficiently posted elsewhere.

The Cadets have posted on their web that they will try to further post some replays once the technical difficulties are met. I think you yourself previously noted that. :-)

Edited by normy diploome

This is what the guard outfits will look like. The Cadets posted this on Facebook today.

922817_10151679194951349_688578594_n.jpg

Edited by crownisking

This is what the guard outfits will look like. The Cadets posted this on Facebook today.

922817_10151679194951349_688578594_n.jpg

I'm guessing the guard guys unis are the same?

They are still a mixed guard, not like PR, right?

Nice but maybe busy with certain flag designs/moves. I'll wait to see.

I know their guard staff from last year headed out, one to SCV and the other to Coats.

I'm guessing the guard guys unis are the same?

They are still a mixed guard, not like PR, right?

Nice but maybe busy with certain flag designs/moves. I'll wait to see.

I know their guard staff from last year headed out, one to SCV and the other to Coats.

I was thinking the same thing but I'm sure they'll make it work. And if not, they'll just change them midseason again. rolleyes.gif