Rumblings from CADETLAND

Definitely the most "cerebral" show they've put on the field in a while.

My thoughts exactly. I think it'll be kinda weird watching them and not expecting the type of show they normally present, but I'm looking forward to where they go with this regardless.

It's hard not to get dizzy when riding a pendalum.

Last year's show could not have been more pedestrian. This year's show tries to venture where BD and now Crown tred.

And everywhere but on W. Hamilton Av. in Allentown, the folks wonder whether this year is meant to be the payback to the caption heads for Hopkins pushing his show design last season. Very technically challenging. How much identity with the crowd without having to read the "libretto" is yet to be measured. And with the judges, not until Missouri.

• Like 1

this year's show is more 98 cadets than it is BD/Crown

the staging in sections "musical" is very similar to staging of horns in the 2011 opening 3rd of Cadets

• Like 2

Just thought I'd share; Cadets were rehearsing at a local high school (Perry, in Ohio) and I stopped by to watch today. Hung out at the hornline sectional, and they sound great as always. Then I watched the ensemble block and they ran through some stuff with Adagio and it sounds gorgeous. Props look great on the field and work really well. I love how consistent the hornline is with this corps, always has that same, amazing tone.

Just thought I'd share; Cadets were rehearsing at a local high school (Perry, in Ohio) and I stopped by to watch today. Hung out at the hornline sectional, and they sound great as always. Then I watched the ensemble block and they ran through some stuff with Adagio and it sounds gorgeous. Props look great on the field and work really well. I love how consistent the hornline is with this corps, always has that same, amazing tone.

Thanks for the update!

From the clips I have seen I think they have the strongest drumline this year. (have yet to really hear PR, Bluecoats or Cav's)

Agreed. Going by the Vic Firth "Learn the Music" vids on YouTube they also have a #### hard book.

Cadets pulling into their destination this morning and will do some short blocks of rehearsal today and eagerly perform their first show tonight. All the best to my Cadets for a successful CADET season!

• Like 4