Blue Knights "Official" 2013 Show Announcment

I like it! It sounds like more of a conceptual/intellectual show, which in this lalalala story filled and meaning filled show world today, will be really nice! Musically, sounds like it could be great, don't know pieces yet. But visually, this could be REALLY cool in how they express the theme! I'm interested to see if they use the colors in the show logo in the color palette, something about those are just REALLY refreshing or something, I dunno. Excited to see how this turns out! :thumbup:/>

Hoping they score better in percussion this year, something I thought they were pretty underscored in last year!

Yes, yes, and yes. I agree with all your comments.....especially regarding percussion. Best of luck BK! Really loved Avian, and I'm very intrigued by the concept of NoBeginningNoEnd!

• Like 1

I think BK made a smart move this year...announcing and explaining their show. Seems a lot of people didn't really get what Avian was all about last year.

Anyway, I really like "This Bitter Earth". Looking forward to the show.

• Like 4

My first thought was "This is lame"... and my follow up thought was "15th place".

I hope they don't screw up an otherwise mildly interesting concept like they did last year with the bird thing (I still have no clue why they played the Jetson's theme or wore those hideous costumes).

I miss BK when Rob Billings was there hand painting all the flags and they played Shostakovich.

Edited by Will
  • Like 6

My first thought was "This is lame"... and my follow up thought was "15th place".

I hope they don't screw up an otherwise mildly interesting concept like they did last year with the bird thing (I still have no clue why they played the Jetson's theme or wore those hideous costumes).

I miss BK when Rob Billings was there hand painting all the flags and they played Shostakovich.

Visually, (I think) they might be going back to the Rob Billings approach. But they are keeping the straight leg.

The vibe is one of excitement in the corps. I have spoken to some of the members and they are genuine when they are talking that the hornline is in shape to be top tier this year. These are not rookies mind you but vets that are seeing and hearing eye popping things from the corps. The guard and percussion have been really impressing and the brass is really digging the book. From a visual standpoint I agree with Kasey it's going to be a mix of the old BK with some new wrinkles. Those picking them 15th or somewhere like that are going to be shocked come finals time when they're making some noise! GO BK GET CIRCULAR BABY!!! :doh:

Wes P

• Like 3

The vibe is one of excitement in the corps. I have spoken to some of the members and they are genuine when they are talking that the hornline is in shape to be top tier this year. These are not rookies mind you but vets that are seeing and hearing eye popping things from the corps. The guard and percussion have been really impressing and the brass is really digging the book. From a visual standpoint I agree with Kasey it's going to be a mix of the old BK with some new wrinkles. Those picking them 15th or somewhere like that are going to be shocked come finals time when they're making some noise! GO BK GET CIRCULAR BABY!!! :doh:/>

Wes P

Sounds very promising. They were my own favorite show last year, so I hope they keep aspects of that same level of creativity in this year's show.

The vibe is one of excitement in the corps. I have spoken to some of the members and they are genuine when they are talking that the hornline is in shape to be top tier this year. These are not rookies mind you but vets that are seeing and hearing eye popping things from the corps. The guard and percussion have been really impressing and the brass is really digging the book. From a visual standpoint I agree with Kasey it's going to be a mix of the old BK with some new wrinkles. Those picking them 15th or somewhere like that are going to be shocked come finals time when they're making some noise! GO BK GET CIRCULAR BABY!!! :doh:/>

Wes P

Pardon the bad pun Wes, but this notion that BK is going to finish 15th this season is for the birds, imo.

And in 13th place.....

Or 14th if Academy improves.

Don't you read DCP in the spring?! EVERY corps is either going to win DCI (if they were Top 6 last year), be Top 3 (if they were Top 10 last year), or Top 10 (if they were 16-10 last year) :tongue:

• Like 1