Are we about dead?

Hey, all!

Something is VERY different this year on DCP. There is much less corps hype, spectator enthusiasm. Look, the season is about 2 weeks away and we have very little to run with. What's going on? I understand the economy is really bad, money is tight. But, where did all the corps hype go? Where are all the promos, the practice photos, the audio, the video? Where's the fan enthusiasm?

Do you agree something is wrong?

I checked a few corps websites and , for the most part, there's no BUZZ there. I must be missing something. I am particularly concerned about the welfare of Empire Statesmen, Caballeros, and Hurricanes. Where are all the photos, promos, sound bites, and enthusiastic fan posts? This is scary!

Maybe there is some other "IT" place that has replaced DCP. I can't imagine a more effective vehicle to promote oneself to the drum corps community than DCP but, I'm now a bona fide "dino." Please bring me up to date.

sad.gif

Edited by Fred Windish

Facebook.

Several corps go there these days to communicate and give updates.

DCP isnt a great tool since its -mostly- drum corps alum that post here.

Here is a facebook recap:

Empire is looking for a few percussionist, Hurcs are looking for a few hornline, MBI is looking for a few low brass and has a special "unveiling" coming up, Bucs just finished 2nd in a fundraiser awhile back and had their spring review, C2 has new members from Japan and need a baritone player, and [insert any corps] had a great camp such and such weekend.

The news is there, just not in forum style for discussion.

Edited by skeptic

Facebook is more or less the place to go. But even then, with everyone feeling like they need to be in "stealth mode", you won't see much.

Anyone have any info about the 7/27show at Secaucus, NJ? It was originally scheduled on 8/18 with three corps. Its now on the DCA web for 7/27 and still no corps are listed. Thanks

Thanks!

I assumed Facebook is the "IT" place to be now. But, I'm not going there. I was registered for a few months but found it to be, shall we say, a little too pretentious. I opted out. Besides, in today's world, I find Facebook to be a bit too risky. Some will understand what I mean. Anyway, To fully explore Facebook, one needs to take the time to provide unique details, become a registered member, and open oneself to who knows what. Not for me. My "Friend" requests now go unanswered. Sorry. Just seems to me, a DCP-type place is more open.

And . . . what's wrong with alumni? There are many more alumni than active participants!

smile.gif

Here's a picture of SoCal Dream at rehearsal on May 26th . End of the opener

Our fan page of Facebook has all of our hype an info on what we are doing.

972134_417327071707522_901308294_n.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, all!

Something is VERY different this year on DCP. There is much less corps hype, spectator enthusiasm. Look, the season is about 2 weeks away and we have very little to run with. What's going on? I understand the economy is really bad, money is tight. But, where did all the corps hype go? Where are all the promos, the practice photos, the audio, the video? Where's the fan enthusiasm?

I checked a few corps websites and , for the most part, there's no BUZZ there. I must be missing something. I am particularly concerned about the welfare of Empire Statesmen, Caballeros, and Hurricanes. Where are all the photos, promos, sound bites, and enthusiastic fan posts? This is scary!

Maybe there is some other "IT" place that has replaced DCP. I can't imagine a more effective vehicle to promote oneself to the drum corps community than DCP but, I'm now a bona fide "dino." Please bring me up to date.

sad.gif

The Kilts finished the visual aspect of the entire show this past weekend, taking next weekend off and back at it to start to clean, clean, clean.

Looking for one strong keyboard player and a couple brass to fill the corps.

The corps was scheduled to perform in the 2013 Memorial Day parade on Monday, got all "kilted up".......but the weather said otherwise. Performing in any type of rain with the potential of lightning with metal instruments, metal uni parts and metal flag poles is unwise and negligent of membership safety.

That's the scoop from Kiltieland!!

Corps website is HERE!!

Thanks!

I assumed Facebook is the "IT" place to be now. But, I'm not going there. I was registered for a few months but found it to be, shall we say, a little too pretentious. I opted out. Besides, in today's world, I find Facebook to be a bit too risky. Some will understand what I mean. Anyway, To fully explore Facebook, one needs to take the time to provide unique details, become a registered member, and open oneself to who knows what. Not for me. My "Friend" requests now go unanswered. Sorry. Just seems to me, a DCP-type place is more open.

And . . . what's wrong with alumni? There are many more alumni than active participants!

smile.gif

I do not Facebook for the same reasons Fred,...............

Hey, all!

No. From what I recall, it was just like this last year at this time. Because the deadline for declaring class is June 1st, there is a resulting burst of news on DCA corps in the first week of June.

I thought this a few months ago. Very boring this winter season. I still think that DCP is the place to go!

• Like 1