Comical Moments During a Show

Do I recall that what they yelled was "Spank me!"?

Do I recall that what they yelled was "Spank me!"?

I thought either that or someone yelling the name Casey, or Tracy.......but I guess "Spank me" sounds right too......not really sure..my subscription ends next week and I'm trying to relisten to a lot of it. It seems 1996 was an excellent year. Usually I'd skip over some portions of some shows, but I didn't have to for any of the corps that year.The person that yelled shut up was great though. It reminded me of during the beginning of Madisons' 2011 show New York Morning when a couple of girls yelled right through the tuba players solo.I wouldn't have been happy if it was my solo

Cadets cow in 1996. No matter how good you are you can't take yourselves too seriously.

I really wish there was a top 12 or at least top 17 clown prince corps today. There are so many iconic shows and styles that would be great material for satire. A Phantom style show where nobody is alive by the end. A BD style show where the field is so strewn with white PVC that no one can move. A less romantic answer to the 'do you love me John?' question. The possibilities are endless.

Or even with a nod to satirical days of yore. Phantom guard girl defeats the evil queen by becoming a shark and eating her.

I'd say that awful looking "evil queen" thing in Phantom's 2013 show was pretty comical in itself just because of how bad it was.

Cadets cow in 1996. No matter how good you are you can't take yourselves too seriously.

I really wish there was a top 12 or at least top 17 clown prince corps today. There are so many iconic shows and styles that would be great material for satire. A Phantom style show where nobody is alive by the end. A BD style show where the field is so strewn with white PVC that no one can move. A less romantic answer to the 'do you love me John?' question. The possibilities are endless.

Or even with a nod to satirical days of yore. Phantom guard girl defeats the evil queen by becoming a shark and eating her.

yea.....they also yelled "Beef" at the end.

I'd say that awful looking "evil queen" thing in Phantom's 2013 show was pretty comical in itself just because of how bad it was.

Can kind of see where your going there.....to me the evil reminded my of the dementors used in the Harry Potter films. I still loved their show though

.. and the 2013 BD production of " The Re Rite of Spring ", while performed and scored well, was so bad it was almost comical too.

I really wish there was a top 12 or at least top 17 clown prince corps today.

I agree with this as well. Jersey Surf comes close though. Clearly, most in the audiences from coast to coast love their shows. It would be even better however if they had a higher level of both marcher and staff talent to have them score better and execute better, and play better. ... at least to a VK or Bridgemen type level anyway. DCI sorely needs what both VK and Bridgemen brought to the shows which is comic relief from all the other " oh so serious " shows from the others. Current DCI could use more diversity imo.. VK and the Bridgemen brought that neccessary breath of fresh air to the shows, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

During Spirit of Atlanta's show Speakeasy there was a funny bit where the brass line did their head and arm movements in time ending with a cascading effect of the the arms moving left as a siren wails and the second to last person on the right "accidentally" knocks the last member in the line over and has to help him up once he's knocked down.

.. and the 2013 BD production of " The Re Rite of Spring ", while performed and scored well, was so bad it was almost comical too.

Dang it BRASSO. I usually agree with you, but I'll have to ask you to give that show a few more views. It'll grow on you, trust me. I don't think I've ever liked a BD show on the first few plays. Or maybe the first 20 :tounge2:

LOL!

Love the humor in this post.