Amazing Drill

Some PERSONAL favorites:

Cavaliers 1989 "Gloria" opening sequence, some really cool kaleidoscopic drill.

Star of Indiana 1990 "Belshazzar's Feast" closing minute and a half, they are booking it, and I love the company front that comes from nowhere at the end.

Star of Indiana 1991 needs no explanation.

The Cadets 1992 "To Tame the Perilous Skies", the whole show really, but the plane move is pretty neat in itself.

Santa Clara Vanguard 1997 - 1998, Myron Rosander at his best. "On the Waterfront" sticks out to me. 2002 is another I enjoy, some really cool visual representation of the theme that he uses throughout the show, especially in the closer.

Glassmen 1998 - 2002, Phantom Regiment 2011 and 2012, Jamey Thompson at his best.

Vanguard 06 - Present, all amazing stuff. Pete Weber's probably my favorite writer.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 5

Some PERSONAL favorites:

Cavaliers 1989 "Gloria" opening sequence, some really cool kaleidoscopic drill.

Star of Indiana 1990 "Belshazzar's Feast" closing minute and a half, they are booking it, and I love the company front that comes from nowhere at the end.

Star of Indiana 1991 needs no explanation.

The Cadets 1992 "To Tame the Perilous Skies", the whole show really, but the plane move is pretty neat in itself.

Santa Clara Vanguard 1997 - 1998, Myron Rosander at his best. "On the Waterfront" sticks out to me. 2002 is another I enjoy, some really cool visual representation of the theme that he uses throughout the show, especially in the closer.

Glassmen 1998 - 2002, Phantom Regiment 2011 and 2012, Jamey Thompson at his best.

Vanguard 06 - Present, all amazing stuff. Pete Weber's probably my favorite writer.

Glad to see someone mention Star 1990. When they hit that company front I embarrassed myself. According to friends I was cheering, screaming and shouting some unprintable words all at the same time. The end of that show is available on youtube and I am still amazed.

I would add to your list Cavaliers diamond cutters followed by the over the corps flag exchange from 1991.

What are some of the most amazing drill formations during a corps show?The cadets angel wings and on the other side of the field theres the end of a devils tail forms in their Between Angel and Demons show.Madison Scouts 90 degree rotation from a vertical line to a horizontal line in there 2012 show..Theres a lot more but I can't think of them

I haven't read through the rest of the responses so I doubt I'm the first to say the last minute of Star 91/92. I was lucky enough to have gone up to the top level of Camp Randall Stadium for that and have been blown away for 20 years since.

Anyone have a hi-cam? Edited by frachel