Favorite Drum Major/Conductor

What? No mention of Troopers DM who was the talk of these boards a few years back, when he refused to leave the field for flag etiquette, the colors would have been unguarded or something to that effect... Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think his name was Mark Crimm. Many Troopers DM's had a tendency to look pretty ######.

• Like 2

My ancient mother (who marched, while unbeknownst to her, with me in her tummy at VFW Nats in 1965), always blathers about this cat named "Scotty" (?) who was the Kiltie DM back before snow shovels, or something.

Anyone know who this guy is???

Make a nice mom happy.

Scotty Paulson I believe is/was his name. Try to locate the August 2005 issue of Drum Corps World. My search says there's a story about him in that issue.

James Gulke - BD Drum Major 1993-1998

Sax player from what I understand, who was picked to be the DM at 17.

Same one I said total bad ###

• Like 1

Al Go (BD '92) sets the record for the number of pit cymbal cues given...

The roll Drum Majors have changed over the years. DM's still hold a leadership rolls during practice and everyday tour life just like they did in the past but, the big difference is on the field! Along with the duties of keeping time, Drum Majors in the past were Showmen, Entertainers, larger than life! Now, Drum Majors are human metronomes, on occasion they'll play a bit part in the shows theatrics. After the the salute at the beginning of the show, I rarely watch the drum major anymore.

• Like 1

For sheer animation on the podium....BD charter DM Dave Dugan (who ELSE can spank himself during "Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor" and get away with it?)

HM: Carl "We've got something you're really gonna like" Allison -- Freelancers 83