Boston 2013

The tech didn't look to see if the member's feet position was off which tells me they are not speaking up or making corrections. A bunch of "one persons" doesn't get you a better result.

Ghost go back to fan network and take a look. Looks pretty good to me. I have seen them from the beginning and every time I see them. They have added more to the show and they are evolving. All have done a great job managing a complex show. The kids are doing a great job with the changes.

1373980825[/url]' post='3287233']

Other than putting a 15th place drum corps over Boston in GE Visual......

Sorry, but it DOES kind of jump off the page at you~

I agree but there is one factor that makes things different this year--the fight for the number 12 spot. We assumed that it eould be a Crossmen v. Blue Stars contest, then Troopers began to add fuel to the fire, now Colts are becoming a threat. Pacific Crest and Oregon Crusaders will be back in San Antonio and we can't forget The Academy. One of these corps having a surge in a caption in one show is not that impossible to believe.

I also agree with one of your later postings. While I would love to see BAC in a better position, they are improving, people who see them perform are impressed, and the show is engaging. My guess is they are working on what matters most--the final stretch which for the Crusaders begins with their final home show in Lawrence followed by Allentown, Pittsburgh, and Indy. By that time their scores and placements will be better. Who knows, we may even see a surprise or surge in San Antonio!

Edited by Tim K
  • Like 1

1373980825[/url]' post='3287233']

Other than putting a 15th place drum corps over Boston in GE Visual......

Sorry, but it DOES kind of jump off the page at you~

• Like 1

Is this the weekend Boston starts to make its move ?

Ghost go back to fan network and take a look. Looks pretty good to me. I have seen them from the beginning and every time I see them. They have added more to the show and they are evolving. All have done a great job managing a complex show. The kids are doing a great job with the changes.

I'm not going to 2nd guess the judges, in the end what will be will be. That said, in my amateurish eyes, ( but a long time Vet of this stuff ) Boston has a phenomenal snare line section this year. But what do I know re. what judges think. I gave up years ago trying to figure out what they do. So I'm a peace with it all, no matter how they scores these Corps, captions, etc.

Edited by BRASSO

My comments were based on what was observed during rehearsal. I understand the caption heads bring on the techs who might not be allowed to speak up during rehearsal. Another tech told me "it's my first year".

ATD=attention to details.

Edited by Ghost

Good luck to all (2013) should be a great year. Boston Strong. thumbup.gif

Rise BAC Rise.

Rise BAC Rise.

They had a good show tonight, I have been watching a lot, the drill demand is unbelievable this year. They are playing and moving more than they have in recent years. Improved in a few GE captions tonight which was nice. Some good floor time, and productive rehearsal time, and this corp will continue to RISE!!

• Like 3

They had a good show tonight, I have been watching a lot, the drill demand is unbelievable this year. They are playing and moving more than they have in recent years. Improved in a few GE captions tonight which was nice. Some good floor time, and productive rehearsal time, and this corp will continue to RISE!!

VA judge liked what they were doing, but the VP judge says more cleaning needed. Thought the percussion section would be closer.

Boston just broke 80 and shaved nearly 2 full points off the spread from them to the next three tonight....in answer to purenjoyment's question, they HAVE started to make their move. Great job members and staff!~

Keep the pedal right to the floor, guys...YOU CAN DO THIS!

• Like 5