Stanford Showdown

Even if it isn't made up, you can still put a bunch of dots down in Pyware or on paper, and call it a form. The program isn't going to sit and there tell you that it's not a real form. Designing a show with "blob" forms and intentionally not clear is playing the game a very certain way, and makes it so they can explain away any visual dirt by just saying it's supposed to look that way.

Its much easier to clean a blob than a square.

• Like 1

Wow! Just finished watching the Stanford show on FN. CC did an amazing encore performance!!! So classy! Thank you guys for coming. BD's show from a high angle is even more amazing than I thought! I got chills all over again even through computer speakers.

Then I saw retreat.

I'm sorry I bailed early I thought there was going to be no encore and figured I could get scores via text.

You dirt bags who BOO at a drum corps show...I would have marched right over to them and told them they are not welcome here!

We don't do that in California. gripe all you want as you exit but be respectful while in the stands. I heard there were boo's but had no idea it was so LOUD!

Shame on you!!! don't ever come back!~!! thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

• Like 3

Suffixing factually accurate with IMO is kind of an oxymoron. BD doesn't write shows to spite the audience. I think they just focus on writing to their own artistic vision, without regards to how the audience is going to take it.

I'm not sure how you do that if you are designing productions in the "performing arts". It makes no sense. And more importantly, is this something you would be comfortable saying about another corps design team?

It is impossible to have a discussion with you people because you don't listen to or comprehend the point of any post. No one is saying Crown is driving their families around or that people in the stands are "plants" or anything. The point is, OBVIOUS CROWN FANS, as in "people that are wearing Crown stuff, sitting in a group with other Crown fans, screaming for Crown" booing when scores are announced. How can you not see that distinction? The guy that was THERE said that most of the booing was confined to smaller groups of OBVIOUS Crown supporters, and was not indicative of the whole crowd. Learn to comprehend please.

I didn't realize Crown had so many "FANS" in California. I go to many shows out here and I RARELY see BD fans. Seems odd.

Lose the attitude buddy :) thanks

Wow! Just finished watching the Stanford show on FN. CC did an amazing encore performance!!! So classy! Thank you guys for coming. BD's show from a high angle is even more amazing than I thought! I got chills all over again even through computer speakers.

Then I saw retreat.

I'm sorry I bailed early I thought there was going to be no encore and figured I could get scores via text.

You dirt bags who BOO at a drum corps show...I would have marched right over to them and told them they are not welcome here!

We don't do that in California. gripe all you want as you exit but be respectful while in the stands. I heard there were boo's but had no idea it was so LOUD!

Shame on you!!! don't ever come back!~!! thumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gifthumbdown.gif

Actually and unfortunately... California has. California can claim no lock on maturity much like DCP.

It really wasn't loud in the stadium. I think a couple of people were right next to the mic, which amplified if.

And yes, people boo in California. Remember when Finals were out here? Cadets got booed pretty much every show of that week.

Then I saw retreat.

Wow... and I'm sure they would've looked at you and probably snickered to their friends and pointed. :w00t:/>

THAT'LL SHOW EM!!!

Edited by DCImonkey

It is impossible to have a discussion with you people because you don't listen to or comprehend the point of any post. No one is saying Crown is driving their families around or that people in the stands are "plants" or anything. The point is, OBVIOUS CROWN FANS, as in "people that are wearing Crown stuff, sitting in a group with other Crown fans, screaming for Crown" booing when scores are announced. How can you not see that distinction? The guy that was THERE said that most of the booing was confined to smaller groups of OBVIOUS Crown supporters, and was not indicative of the whole crowd. Learn to comprehend please.

Copy pasta from bgg80's post:

"P.s. yes -- some boos. Mostly kids and, at least around me, looked to be Crown families."

If they were booing, then yes they were obviously Crown fans. Most likely younger fans who don't really know any better. The point is, the guy did type "FAMILIES", even if he meant to type "FANS".

• Like 1

I really was about to reply with your post, but I read your signature. So I'm taking your advice smile.gif/>

Works every time!