Sacramento Showdown

Apparently I'm missing something, but what does that statement mean?

Nobeginningnoend refers to a circle. It's a line that bends and doesn't stop... The show it meant to reflect that as well as the general circle of life etc...

Wp

I am very excited for tonight! I am really looking forward to seeing Crown's show in person. I am also hopeful that the lights stay on! :)

The weather in Sacramento today is very odd - it usually always sunny here, but today it is overcast. If you are coming tonight, bring a light sweatshirt.

I'm also excited to see Mandarins, a corps that gets overlooked far too often. I've heard good things about the show this year and that their hornline is bigger than in years past.

IS IT TIME FOR THE SHOW YET?

I am very excited for tonight! I am really looking forward to seeing Crown's show in person. I am also hopeful that the lights stay on! :)

The weather in Sacramento today is very odd - it usually always sunny here, but today it is overcast. If you are coming tonight, bring a light sweatshirt.

I'm also excited to see Mandarins, a corps that gets overlooked far too often. I've heard good things about the show this year and that their hornline is bigger than in years past.

IS IT TIME FOR THE SHOW YET?

Watch out! Crown is really loud! I really don't know how they do it. Super clear sounding too. Really classy show but for the me guy on the microphone ruins the show. Other than that, be prepared to be blown away. These guys really play!

The laying down with the feet moving I think is so cool.

I don't want to harp on the negative aspect of the narration but it's real annoying. The pre recorded stuff is cool IMO I just don't like the "this I believe" cheese they added.

( don't call me a homer because to this day I still refuse to listen to BD 05 because of the cheese factor)

Watch out! Crown is really loud! I really don't know how they do it. Super clear sounding too. Really classy show but for the me guy on the microphone ruins the show. Other than that, be prepared to be blown away. These guys really play!

The laying down with the feet moving I think is so cool.

I don't want to harp on the negative aspect of the narration but it's real annoying. The pre recorded stuff is cool IMO I just don't like the "this I believe" cheese they added.

( don't call me a homer because to this day I still refuse to listen to BD 05 because of the cheese factor)

I like knowing that im not the only one who doesnt like the voice over!

Thank you

• Like 1

I like knowing that im not the only one who doesnt like the voice over!

Thank you

Really I don't mind some pre recorded stuff as they can turn the volume down but a young person with an undeveloped vice into a microphone telling a story doesn't usually go too well. The counting stuff once I saw it live I thought "ohh this is cool" but then the guy got on mic and it was too loud.

I can totally dig the BD 12 hate because it was kind of stupid. OK it was really stupid. I hated it but liked the music they did.

I want to go on record to say that I LOVE the new Crown uniform. ( you gotta see it live) it is so avant guard!

I really want to see CC/BD and SCV do some stuff together!!!

Guessing 6pm just based on the number of corps and Crown's performance time (assuming they actually are going on last). Looked at every corps calendar. Wonder why DCI doesn't have it ? Seems kind of an important detail to post.

Agree. DCI needs to have a central location where we can see at the minimum:

• Venue address
  • Corps step-off times
  • Judging panel

That would be really helpful for those of us "watching" from afar.

Really I don't mind some pre recorded stuff as they can turn the volume down but a young person with an undeveloped vice into a microphone telling a story doesn't usually go too well. The counting stuff once I saw it live I thought "ohh this is cool" but then the guy got on mic and it was too loud.

Usually, we parents are grateful for this. :tongue:/>

• Like 1

Usually, we parents are grateful for this. :tongue:/>/>

Well played sir!

• Like 1

Going to watch BK brass warm up and follow them in. Great weather for a show - well the wind might be a bit much for the guard...