Your predictions are of no use!

Now that the first scores are rolling in, I think it's safe (and relieving) to say that a prediction thread on here would be even more inaccurate than ever before. It's been a long time coming, but DCI is finally anyone's game. These are the only things somewhat certain so far, but even these ideas are just guesses:

-The top three will likely be BD, Crown, and Cadets. But the Bluecoats, Phantom, and SCV also have smaller chances of breaking in

-Pioneer or Cascades will come in last (sorry)

-BDB and SCVC will make semifinals and medal in Open Class, and probably the Spartans too

Other than that, the final lineup could be anything at this point. Formerly great corps are becoming just good, and formerly average corps are moving up either in scores or entertainment value. I don't know about you, but for the first time in a while I'm really excited to see how this plays out!

Edited by MetalTones2012

I was thinking something like this the other day. On a "normal" year BD, Crown, Cadets, SCV, PR, and Bloo would all be medal winning shows, respectively. It's a shame there can only be three in the top 3. I can't wait to see how those six fair against each other in a few weeks. I'm not buying this "if you don't beat BD early, you never will" talk. I have a feeling that this one will go down to the wire.

Now that the first scores are rolling in, I think it's safe (and relieving) to say that a prediction thread on here would be even more inaccurate than ever before.

!

Well, now that you've pointed out in your opinion the innaccuracies of the preseason polls by most others ( in the 1st week of the summer competition, no less ), and of being in your opinion " of no use ", what Corps do you believe will finish more than 2 placement positions higher or lower than their final placement position of last season ? I'm not all that interested in placement predictions, but since this is a placement prediction thread commentary, I'll go out on a limb and predict that no more than 2 Corps out of the entire World Class Division will finish more than 2 placement positions removed from their placement position from last season. But how do you see it ? How many Corps do you believe will finish higher or lower than 2 placement positions from last season, and who will they be in your prediction here the 1st week of the summer season ?

Edited by BRASSO

I think a lot of folks are being a bit premature about writing the end of this season after the first week

I’m still trying to adjust, calibrate to the new sheets, recap scores. I don’t feel I have a grasp on them, hope for some clarity after I see a live show and look at them. I wonder if as the season goes, they’ll be more refined and create an impact on placement. Scores seem high early, there has to be a stall across the board. That will sort things out a fair bit

• Like 1

It's just like trying to make the perfect NCAA basketball bracket. Everyone thinks their picks will do it, until they get shattered 3 games in.

I was thinking something like this the other day. On a "normal" year BD, Crown, Cadets, SCV, PR, and Bloo would all be medal winning shows, respectively. It's a shame there can only be three in the top 3. I can't wait to see how those six fair against each other in a few weeks. I'm not buying this "if you don't beat BD early, you never will" talk. I have a feeling that this one will go down to the wire.

Right? Like Phantom Regiment in 08. Or Cadets 11, just for recent examples

i hope it goes down to the wire. its also just as likelly that come minnesota you get some very well defined tiers, as well as BD with a solid 1 point or more lead over CC and Cadets.

Of course everyone will be disappointed, well... most people... if the placements at minnesota end up being essentially the same as finals, we want movement, we want instability, we want regionals being decided by less than 2 points from first place to sixth place.

usually there are corps that flatline at different times, and usually some corps are inflated before the first full competition. It would not surprise me to see BD and Crown clearly 1 2 with SCV and Cadets battling for 3 and bluecoats and phantom for 5th. This would be if the east scores so far were somewhat inflated.

Just as likely that Cadets could come into minnesota and take a strong lead with BD Crown Phantom and Bluecoats competing for 2-4.

DCI season. 50% speculation. 30% waiting for scores. 20% bickering about the scores.

Funny but the thread is that there's no point to prediction but on this thread is predictions about predicting.:)

• Like 1