whatever happened to...

SCV 1970s snare drum mega-god Robbie Carson, who had an advanced degree in liturgical organ performance. He even had a pipe organ in his apartment. After he left Remo, I totally lost contact with him. Does anyone know what he's up to now?

He is drum technique instructor for Percussion Institute of technology in Hollywood from what I understand. He is on facebook and posts sometimes on DCI snares.

What about Matt Krempasky, Crossmen arranger from the early '90s?

Matt was the lead solo soprano with a corps I taught in the 70's, the Wayne Monarchs (76)/King's Regiment (77)..after a merger with the Greenwood Lake Lakers. A heck of a player. He was and still is, AFAIK, band director at Somerville HS in NJ.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

This is a good one. Did he arrange in 1992? When did Klesch take over?

He was the arranger from 1986 to 1994. Those brass books were something else.

Also, giving this thread another shot. I feel like there's more people who've fallen off. What's Michael Gaines up to these days?

I was wondering, based on the DQ thread, whatever happened to the 2 Brits who were overage & kicked out of SCV just before finals in 89?

The 1st one later became a member of the Brittish Parliament, the 2nd one became a local Used Car Salesmen. Its a shame the first one's career did not work out as well as the 2nd one's did.

• Like 1