Quincy Quandry 6-29-13

I'm a huge Crusaders fan. They're in my top 3 corps year after year. I hate that I love almost all of the source material but don't love this show.

They have a lot of work to do. Both staff and members alike. I'm a bit scatterbrained in my thoughts on this show, so bare with me.

The show doesn't flow all that well for me. Lots of different musical choices mashed together when I wish they would finish one complete musical thought. Lean on me comes out of nowhere and is not necessary when they have such great source material already in Falling Slowly. The transition out of the Zimmer piece from Inception is strange (although that Inception piece is one of my favorite moments of the year). Sit down, stand up is awkwardly arranged with no impact.

Musically, the brassline is very rocky in comparison to the corps that came before them. They're not where they were in past years, both brass and percussion.

I love the gray uniforms. I love the guard uniforms. I dislike them together. There's a lack of clarity in the visual program because the two seem to blend to a point where it's more difficult to distinguish between the corps proper and guard... Too much blend, not enough pop = lack of visual impact and effect.

If they break 70 it's because they're getting the hometown boost, in my opinion. They've been scored right where they should be, which, in my opinion, should make them worried.

Very tough for me to be critical of them given how much I love this corps... Just being honest.

World Class

1 The Cadets 78.000

2 Phantom Regiment 74.400

3 Bluecoats 73.500

4 Boston Crusaders 70.400

5 Jersey Surf 56.200

Open Class

1 Spartans 68.300

2 7th Regiment 64.400

3 Raiders 60.100

Several of these corps have been in the same shows this week. Must be frustrating to see scores going down in consecutive shows while the scores are going up out west.

I was thinking the same thing. Very strange!

just pay attention to the spreads - that's key right now - with corps spread out in three different regions of the country and some partial and some full judging panels you really can't compare the actual #s

also pay attention to which captions they are scoring - like no percussion judge benefits corps with weaker drums etc... to try to get a sense of what the scores will be later on...

• Like 1

just pay attention to the spreads - that's key right now - with corps spread out in three different regions of the country and some partial and some full judging panels you really can't compare the actual #s

also pay attention to which captions they are scoring - like no percussion judge benefits corps with weaker drums etc... to try to get a sense of what the scores will be later on...

OR... you could just ignore scores for now. Just enjoy the show! :)

Scores will work themselves out over the multitude of Regionals.

• Like 3

Wow, not even announced in the stadium yet.

Apparently, this has been an issue all season all over the country. DCI should get their act together.

• Like 1

Apparently, this has been an issue all season all over the country. DCI should get their act together.

That's been happening for a couple of years. It was nice sitting on the bus, getting faster scores via iPhone.

Edited by Kamarag