Pacific Crest a Finalist?

Yep, but said Gaines marched in the late 80's then worked on Cavies staff until a year ago, except for , 97, when he did not write their drill, when they got 7th. Of course he didn't March in the late 90's. He shared drill writing credit for the 94 show, so That would be impossible. You misheard me, I usually ramble when talking about Drum Corps.

I Also said in That conversation That Mitch wrote for PCEP and has BOA Champion drill, but that he has yet to design a DCI drill That has been as competitively successful, Duch as his drill design for the Bluecoats in the mid, 2000's. Also, my opinion on this year's drill is, of course, my opinion.

This sounds right ( about PCEP and the rest) from what I remember hearing, you know Mitch did cowrite the drill for the Cavaliers in '93, right? That's successful. I know that many didn't appreciate his Bluecoats writing. It's okay, I'm not trying to defend him, but we should all try to be accurate when discussing the Cavalier demise with other people. Also, I like the drill this year, and they're doing better and better with it. With Brubaker gone ( who also wrote drill for Bluecoats and Star for a bit), I don't know who else other than Gaines should be writing Cavalier drill except for Mitch. I mean, he's already done it successfully in the past.

I must have misheard you because I heard that you say that he Gaines marched in the late '90s, which was strange because I remember marching with him in 1990... tongue.gif

It's just funny; I bet all these drumcorps staffs would be shocked to know how much they're talked about at random shows and other places.

I've always loved watching Pacific Crest! A class act corps! I still remember in 2004 (or was it 05? eep!) We played for each other in a random shows parking lot. It was fun standing arc to arc with them and just blast at each other <3

EDIT: With that being said, I would be ecstatic if they made finals!

Edited by OC Euph
  • Like 1

You must of heard me talking about Mitch Rogers writing for Plymouth Canton in the late 90's right after I was talking about Gaines. I'm too much of a Drum Corps nerd to get That wrong.

Plymouth Canton in the late 90s to 2001 or 2002 put out some of the best high school programs I have ever seen. Especially the years they did Thought Crimes (all Daugherty stuff) and Harmonium (Adams).

my feeling right now is PC is probably a couple points behind the Troopers/Blue Stars/Crossmen grouping.

Maybe, then again, maybe not.

Pacific Crest has been ahead of the Mandarins on average in head to head match ups by 2.0- 2.5 points. The Mardarins scored a 70.30 last nite ( 7/6 ). Now maybe the West Coast scores are inflated by a couple of points, who knows. But If they are, then The Cadets are the Corps to beat this year right now. On the other hand, if the West's scores are about right, then Pacific Crest would probably be roughly in the 72.5 range. And if thats about right, then Pacific Crest can not be ruled out of a Finalist position... as a dark horse, imo

Pacific Crest has 14 days off between June 30th and their next competition on July 13th. No other Corps to my knowledge fighting for a Finalist spot has close to 2 weeks off. Now it all depends upon how wisely this Corps staff & MM's use this valuable time off from competition as to their progress in their show. They also are not going to Minny, and they'll have between 5-10 less shows than other WC Corps. But this less shows model has worked for BD as BD had 40% less show than other WC Corps last season on the way to their Title. So right now, it would be premature to rule out Pacific Crest for a finalist spot. We should learn more on 7/17 in Ok., when PC will meet up with the Crossmen and Troopers, and certainly on the 20th at the San Anton Regionals where everyone will be there.

Edited by BRASSO

• 2 weeks later...

After Pacific Crests weekend performance at San Antonio I am not ready to count them out as finalists yet. I also just saw the performance slotting for this weekend in Atlanta. They are in a great position. Looking forward to see what happens!