What do you call rolling bass drums and a park bench.

I only saw Carolina at the DeKalb show, but I found that bass drum being pushed around most of the show very distracting. I kept waiting for something to happen, and I think he hit that thing once the whole show.

As big a Cadets fan as I am, I'm not sold on the boxes. Seeing them live, there is so much going on that I didn't notice them nearly like I do on VOD, but it would certainly seem something simpler could have done the same thing for the show theme. I guess they wanted to be able to stash equipment in them, but that actually was a distraction when the purple flags almost fell out of the front of one of them during the Lafayette show.

Ultimately I love the show, but those boxes could have been better thought out. Maybe they'll be changed by finals?

Crowns bench and drums are small and unobtrusive, as are Phantom's trees.

BD's use of white PVC looking props is getting a bit old, but the poles fit the show design pretty well.

I think we've passed the point where props will be a rarity. We'll be seeing more and more as time goes. Thanks WGI!

As big a Cadets fan as I am, I'm not sold on the boxes. Seeing them live, there is so much going on that I didn't notice them nearly like I do on VOD, but it would certainly seem something simpler could have done the same thing for the show theme. I guess they wanted to be able to stash equipment in them, but that actually was a distraction when the purple flags almost fell out of the front of one of them during the Lafayette show.

Ultimately I love the show, but those boxes could have been better thought out. Maybe they'll be changed by finals?

Crowns bench and drums are small and unobtrusive, as are Phantom's trees.

BD's use of white PVC looking props is getting a bit old, but the poles fit the show design pretty well.

I think we've passed the point where props will be a rarity. We'll be seeing more and more as time goes. Thanks WGI!

LIKE WGI, the use of props will come and go..they will have their cycle...like everything else :smile:

SCV's are the most effective IMHO. When the corps is behind them and all you see if the guard...that's awesome.

well as far as being "effective" I don't understand that but they are definitely the most beautiful props i have ever seen!

SCV's are the most effective IMHO. When the corps is behind them and all you see if the guard...that's awesome.

Now cut me some slack for this for these reasons:

a) I'm just about 62

b) I'm a music guy in a marching activity - I could never march worth a poop

c) I haven't seen nearly enough shows in the past couple years

d) I had cataract surgery a couple of years ago and have little or no peripheral vision left

So I'm relaxing last night getting into the lovely solo, positioned as it is on the #2 side, quite a bit over, and thinking about the balance with the pit, and thinking about the flow of the show, and I turn my eyes back to the center of the field and whoosh - no corps! Just the exquisite color guard!

Now I know that's how this stuff is supposed to work, but face it... most of us in the activity know how the magic is made. It was sort of fun to be taken in like that.

The backstage props are gorgeous, and the effect of the disappearing corps is lovely. Plus as I said, I'm just about 62, which means I would have aged out in 1972 (except I was overseas with Uncle Sam)which means I've loved SCV for 4 decades, like pretty much everyone else my age.

• Like 1

Now cut me some slack for this for these reasons:

a) I'm just about 62

b) I'm a music guy in a marching activity - I could never march worth a poop

c) I haven't seen nearly enough shows in the past couple years

d) I had cataract surgery a couple of years ago and have little or no peripheral vision left

So I'm relaxing last night getting into the lovely solo, positioned as it is on the #2 side, quite a bit over, and thinking about the balance with the pit, and thinking about the flow of the show, and I turn my eyes back to the center of the field and whoosh - no corps! Just the exquisite color guard!

Now I know that's how this stuff is supposed to work, but face it... most of us in the activity know how the magic is made. It was sort of fun to be taken in like that.

The backstage props are gorgeous, and the effect of the disappearing corps is lovely. Plus as I said, I'm just about 62, which means I would have aged out in 1972 (except I was overseas with Uncle Sam)which means I've loved SCV for 4 decades, like pretty much everyone else my age.

• Like 1

When it comes to props, I'm hard to please because I'm generally not a fan. But the Bluecoats bleachers... really cool! Love, love, love 'em. Best use of props in 2013. The bleachers add to the show - don't distract from it. Thus, making the show, for me, the most enjoyable show for this season.