Moving, Emotional Music

The company front, push and salute near the end of Santa Clara Vanguard's 2009 Ballet for Martha. So quiet, so quiet, and then triple forte Simple Gifts. Wow, TEARS!

Crossmen 2011 playing Hallelujah!

• Like 3

1372717224[/url]' post='3277829']

I thought it was "once more in 94"

The '94 show was "Once more in 94."

The company front, push and salute near the end of Santa Clara Vanguard's 2009 Ballet for Martha. So quiet, so quiet, and then triple forte Simple Gifts. Wow, TEARS!

Crossmen 2011 playing Hallelujah!

Agreed....one of my favorite moments. Also, loved "Laura" hit in BD 2010...goose bumps.

I thought it was "once more in 94"

yes.

Blue Knights playing Nimrod last year on July 8th at the memorial for Dan Burke...the day after they were the only corps to perform their show at the rained out DatR.

http://snd.sc/10sjcaS

Oh my god. Please tell me that is the recording from inside the church.

I went in not really knowing what to expect but the entire corps left moved by the music we had performed. In fact just remembering that moment brings tears to my eyes.

Oh my god. Please tell me that is the recording from inside the church.

I went in not really knowing what to expect but the entire corps left moved by the music we had performed. In fact just remembering that moment brings tears to my eyes.

Yes. This was recorded in the church. My son had tears, as well, after he performed this.

• Like 1

1979 Blue Devils first two minutes of opener

1980 Madison -- Through the Eyes of Love

1981 2-7 -- Crown Imperial....As Po (Kung Fu Panda/Jack Black) would say, "The sheer awesomosity is dripping with awesomeness." Check out the video on FN and the TROMBONIUMS (GASP!) in G (DOUBLE GASP!!) :ph34r: Tympani players, enjoy. This is an opener that starts at wide open throttle and just doesn't let up. I miss this corps.

1984 SCV -- Tenderland push, probably the best we performed it all year other than the run through we did earlier that day.

1987 & 1988 VK -- their drum solos from both years. I'm not a drummer, but those folks in the "mega-snare" ('87) or "combo mega-snare/tom line ('88)" stack towards the end are having so much fun you can't help it. Only VK could march an all-female cymbal line dressed like that.

1991 SCV -- the backfield ballad in Miss Saigon where the CG members pair up and turn their huge fans into a rotating flower petal effect.

2004 SCV end of Scheherazade and the crowd reaction trying to will SCV to a huge upset win.

2013 standing in front of CC's horn arc when they did their full volume run through of Also Sprach Zarathustra in Riverside just this past Sunday.

Edited by TRacer

This thread has caused me to "waste" a lot of time on YouTube! :) I love it!

Keep 'em coming! Please!

• Like 1

2011 Troopers "The Road Home". The whole show. I personally think that this show does a perfect job of representing that theme in a vague but beyond beautiful way. The whole show has an understated elegance and beauty to it that I cannot get enough of. One of my favorite, most beautiful, and most moving shows in my eyes. By far my favorite non finalist show, and it's in my top 10 all time favorites. When I saw it live, it hit me in a very good way. I was by no means teary eyed, I just got it. It clicked and made absolute sense to me. I've never felt like I did watching that show during any other live performance I've seen. I was just so into it that I forgot I was watching a drum corps show. The music book is why I'm posting on this thread. The moods and development in it are just plain awesome.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3