Cadets CYO show

I am watching the Cadets at CYO on FN and the sound isn't very good. Great show by the Cadets though! Is it just my speakers or does the hornline sound really distorted?

I am watching the Cadets at CYO on FN and the sound isn't very good. Great show by the Cadets though! Is it just my speakers or does the hornline sound really distorted?

I thought the same thing. I think it's the quality of the recording.

Yea that is too bad. Really love their show. The only thing I don't like is when the drumline is way back there behind and the scaffold things and you can't see what they are playing. (I now that part of their book is killer)

Gotta love that announcer!

Yea that is too bad. Really love their show. The only thing I don't like is when the drumline is way back there behind and the scaffold things and you can't see what they are playing. (I now that part of their book is killer)

I'm not a drummer, but I used to sing the drum parts when I was in Cadets, so I can definitely appreciate what you just said lol...

Haven't seen the Fan Network performance of CYO since I was there, but if it is anything less than exhilarating, it's a bad recording. Cadets, Phantom, BAC, and Bluecoats all had good performances that night.

Dislike the announcer.... I know I'll get negative for this because he's a classic but it doesn't necessarily set up the mood for 99% of the shows and it's a little hokey. But, whatever! if he enjoys doing it and the fans at the show don't mind I guess HEEEEEEE can do what he likes....

• Like 3

Dislike the announcer.... I know I'll get negative for this because he's a classic but it doesn't necessarily set up the mood for 99% of the shows and it's a little hokey. But, whatever! if he enjoys doing it and the fans at the show don't mind I guess HEEEEEEE can do what he likes....

No I actually agree with you. This is the same announcer who announced the show when I marched and I'm sitting there like, "WHAT?? REALLY DUDE???"

No I actually agree with you. This is the same announcer who announced the show when I marched and I'm sitting there like, "WHAT?? REALLY DUDE???"

There are judges older than him judging DCI shows today, and judging for longer than he's been announcing for shows, and we're complaining about this announcer being too old to ANNOUNCE a show ?

Man, thats too funny... lol!

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Yeah this guy was a dce classic.

I know he announces at the two BAC shows in Massachusetts (CYO and East Coast Classic), Beanpot, Mission drums (DCA) and Bristol. My guess is he also does Connecticut Drums. These shows are known as much for their reunion like atmosphere as their slate of corps and he adds to the atmosphere. Carolina Crown always has fun with him (though not this year--they're out West) and Surf does as well. High school kids in the crowd are the ones yelling "you" the loudest which may be more of a joke than anything else, but it's fun. The venues where he announces are often sold out or pretty close to full capacity. While I do not think that people buy tickets just to hear Paul Cain announce a show, there will soon be posts about empty stadiums and with great corps competing, we might wonder if the folksy announcer who helps create an atmosphere at a well attended show demonstrates what works or does the matter of fact announcer a less than filled stadium demonstrate what works?

While this is anecdotal at best, parents of kids who see them in Boston love the Boston area shows: the announcer is a hoot, a priest saying a prayer at the beginning of CYO is touching, and the old time fans and alums who love to tell back in the day stories without ever insulting what happens on the fields today, all make it a great experience.