Cadets CYO show

There were a lot of DCI judges doing a roast on him at this 90 th birthday a few years back. He seems like a likable fellow. laughing.gif

and he can race around the track almost as fast as Tony DiCarlo given their ages.

Edited by normy diploome

I love Paul Cain. You know you are in friendly drum corps territory when you hear his voice booming from a stadium.

Truly an ICON to the Drum Corps World. Why is it that some icons are only appreciated by everyone after they are taken away from us?

To use a favorite comeback of my teenage daughter...

Annoying?...YOUR annoying!

Edited by truman

Annoying?...YOUR annoying!

It looks like your teenage daughter (you?) needs a grammar lesson.

Believe it or not, some of us who have commented are able to separate our feelings for him from his announcing style/shtick. Feelings towards him are not all encompassing, at least not for me. I just hate the way he announces. If units are expected to have their timing consistent from show to show, why shouldn't announcers? Clearly some corps have already asked for it to be taken under consideration, given that he omitted that announcement style from a few corps' introductions.

Truly an ICON to the Drum Corps World. Why is it that some icons are only appreciated by everyone after they are taken away from u

Probably because they don't know any better.

Paul Cain is not simply " an announcer ". He is a former marcher, instructor, judge, and current Drum Corps HOF'er. He was on the instructional staff of the Crossmen when they were in the TOP 12. He's worked with competitive Marching Bands in New England, ( NESBA )announcing their shows. He marched Drum Corps in his youth with a national Corps. Before he retired, in his position as a Massachusetts Correctional Parol Officer on more than one occasion he took troubled kids off the streets and got them into Drum Corps which perhaps saved their very lives. He has been involved at one level or another in Drum Corps continuously for over half a century. The ones that criticise him now on DCP for his " announcing style " will never see a Drum Corps Hall of Fame in their lifetimes. In comparison, they are simply anonymous nobodies, so I wouldn't pay no mind to them.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Paul Cain is a national treasure.

Totally agree. Great guy, too.

It looks like your teenage daughter (you?) needs a grammar lesson.

No, it's not my daughter who has the grammar issues. So, if we could please put more emphasis on the "YOU", it would be appreciated! See Mr. Cain if you need any help with this.

Brandt Crocker has a nice growling voice, but I think the announcer I've enjoyed listening to most was Fran Haring at last year's DCA Finals.

Thank you very much.

The check is in the mail. :tongue:

Probably because they don't know any better.

Paul Cain is not simply " an announcer ". He is a former marcher, instructor, judge, and current Drum Corps HOF'er. He was on the instructional staff of the Crossmen when they were in the TOP 12. He's worked with competitive Marching Bands in New England, ( NESBA )announcing their shows. He marched Drum Corps in his youth with a national Corps. Before he retired, in his position as a Massachusetts Correctional Parol Officer on more than one occasion he took troubled kids off the streets and got them into Drum Corps which perhaps saved their very lives. He has been involved at one level or another in Drum Corps continuously for over half a century. The ones that criticise him now on DCP for his " announcing style " will never see a Drum Corps Hall of Fame in their lifetimes. In comparison, they are simply anonymous nobodies, so I wouldn't pay no mind to them.

What a condescending post, especially coming from someone who preaches about respecting each other's opinions. :rolleyes:

• Like 1