Minneapolis predictions

I think that scouts show is very accessible and is visually very demanding!! I would agree with you that musically it is not as demanding as the groups scoring ahead of them. From what I understand there are efforts being made to "Beef" up the musical book for the hornline. The mellophone section for scouts might be the strongest out there this season and I see them being used extensively to increase the musical demand. I think the talent level, in the hornline especially, this year is better than the design team expected. Percussively speaking I think the book stands up well for the long haul. The one thing Madison has this year that not many corps have is an emotional tie to the show. No matter what happens with the green team from Wisconsin competitively, they will get a crowd reaction like no other corps this year.

Couldn't agree with you more! This is one of the most powerful shows ever. I think Scouts will finish out the season in the top 6 for sure...maybe higher. I don't know what will happen in Minneapolis, but by the end of the season, we'll be seeing them at 6th or higher, IMO. Knowing the staff, they will be making changes to the program to bounce up the scores...So proud of this corps this year. Even the biased judges have to like this show.

• Like 3

Minneapolis is going to be So good! if it's not rained out!

Edited by boxingfred

My guess for top 12

1. Cadets

2. Blue Devils

3. Crown

4. SCV

5. Madison

6. Phantom

7. Bluecoats

8. Cavaliers

9. Boston

10. Spirit

11. Crossmen

12. Troopers

Do you seriously think BK will drop out of the top 12 by Minn?

I'm not disputing your prediction...heck, I won't even attempt to make one myself...but everyone else has them in the top 12, at least. Perhaps you just forgot about them?

• Like 1

I predict predicting will make everyone feel like predicting that someone' else's predictions are wrong predictions all together

I need to consult with Webster's pre dictionary to understand what you just said, Wes. :unsure:

Sure, lets jump in for my first post...

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. Blue Devils

4. SCV

5. Bluecoats

6. Madison

7. Phantom

8. The Cavaliers

9. Spirit of Atlanta

10. Blue Knights

11. Boston Crusaders

12. Crossman

13. The Troopers

14. Blue Stars

15. The Academy

16. Colts

17. Cascades

• Like 2

Minnie will be very interesting! This season is intense lots of great stuff going down on the field, and I cant wait to see it live in Charlotte for the TOC event! I guess Ill jump on the band wagon and predict my predicty predictions thumbup.gif

1.Carolina Crown

2.Blue Devils

2.Cadets

4.Santa Clara Vanguard (Will gain ground on the CaDevils)

5.Bluecoats

6.Madison Scouts (maybe 5th)

7.Phantom Regiment

8.Cavaliers

9.Boston Crusaders

10.Blue Knights

11.SOA

12.Blue Stars

• Like 2

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. SCV

4. Blue Devils

5. Phantom

6. Bluecoats

7. Cavaliers

8. Scouts

9. Boston

10. Spirit

11. Blue Knights

12. Blue Stars

Yes I am predicting Santa Clara will pass Blue Devils. If not in Minneapolis then absolutely by San Antonio. IMO this is Blue Devils weakest program since 2005 and Vanguards strongest since 2004. The corps that I was most excited to see pre-season was the Scouts, but this show is as weak if not weaker than last years. I see them as low as 9th by finals.sad.gif

Edited by bluesman
  • Like 3

1. Crown

2. Cadets

3. SCV

4. Blue Devils

5. Phantom

6. Bluecoats

7. Cavaliers

8. Scouts

9. Boston

10. Spirit

11. Blue Knights

12. Blue Stars

Yes I am predicting Santa Clara will pass Blue Devils. If not in Minneapolis then absolutely by San Antonio. IMO this is Blue Devils weakest program since 2005 and Vanguards strongest since 2004.

I would agree with you! I believe SCV will surge and Overtake either BD or Cadets...I just hope CC can maintain this momentum

I also believe Cadets will power surge in late July and give BD and Crown a scare but hopefully just a scare!

HOWEVER I don't believe Madison will be that low I enjoy the show! There is some cheese in there but hey I love cheesetongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

Edited by wuDCI
  • Like 1