Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom!

SWEET! What I remember about Railmen is they were simply a pleasant, fairly local corps that was fun to watch and easy on the psyche. That's exactly more of what the activity needs at this time. Best wishes to the organization and for the staff to realize what made the corps special and good for the community.

I have a couple of very good memories of The Railmen.

At the first drum corps show I ever attended (1984, Cheyenne - they wore red and blue riverboat gambler uniforms), they closed their show with the Union Pacific song. At the very end they opened up a large UP shield, and the crowd LOVED it - after all Cheyenne is a big UP town.

Retreats in 1989 or 1990, I can't remember which year, they had the best retreat song and the crowds always really responded well to them wherever they performed.

So, bottom line, they are welcome (re)addition to drum corps and I really hope they make it work.

Edited by troopers1

The spread between Troopers and BK is going to make for a very interesting night in MN when you throw Crossmen, Blue Stars and Spirit into that mix. Gonna be a very tight group!

• Like 1

Don't forget Boston and Cavies... Cavies 77.0 Sunday only 1.6 from BKs 75.4

For me Troopers is the real unknown quantity at this point as Blue Stars and Crossmen haven't gone head to head with them with a full panel yet. With Troop only being -3.1 from BK on 7/6, and BK only being -1.6 from Cavies that puts Troop squarely in the same competitive range as BS and Crossmen, possibly slightly higher. It's impossible to tell, MN will be very interesting.

Very very interesting. I'm also curious to see what happens to Scouts... They've not had head to head with the top corps, scores are big, but what will happen vs Phantom Bluecoats etc

I'll say it again... all that matters for Troop this weekend is to get into the 13-15 seed pod. I'd die if they got 12th, but I'm not holding my breath. It's going to be hard to overcome the deficit of going on in 17th at a Major Regional, and Pacific Crest is a wild card because they get to benefit from West Coast Inflation for one more week, so the most important thing is to beat Colts and Academy. Everything else is gravy.

Friday night should give some indication, Troopers go head to head with Blue Stars and Crossmen Friday night in La Crosse!

Nah, Cavies are looking up ( Madison, Blooo, PR), not down...

I guess BK, Spirit, and Boston could be grouped together.

I heard the same thing from Madison fans in 2011.... Madison and cavies scores are in the upper 70s but they aren't running away and haven't faced anyone else... Neither has BK ... I'm just saying, in the end don't be surprised to see Madison, Cavies, BK and Boston ducking it out... I'll eat my foot but I don't think Cavies or Madison will move any higher than right now...

I heard the same thing from Madison fans in 2011.... Madison and cavies scores are in the upper 70s but they aren't running away and haven't faced anyone else... Neither has BK ... I'm just saying, in the end don't be surprised to see Madison, Cavies, BK and Boston ducking it out... I'll eat my foot but I don't think Cavies or Madison will move any higher than right now...

None of those four are all they are quacked up to be. :lookaround:/>

• Like 1