Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom!

SWEET! What I remember about Railmen is they were simply a pleasant, fairly local corps that was fun to watch and easy on the psyche. That's exactly more of what the activity needs at this time. Best wishes to the organization and for the staff to realize what made the corps special and good for the community.

• Like 1

Crown wins every subcaption except percussion....and they are competitive there!! Good sign. If history tells us anything, it's good to have that GE Vis judge on your side

• Like 4

Wow, Crown with a near complete sweep. I guess being told even once that there was somebody out there that thought your brass book and performance were marginally less than BD's, it might be some strong motivation. :thumbup:/>

Still, it's rightfully close, I hope BD can pull at least a few back and forth decisions down the line, and that the Cadets are nice and competitive when they meet up later this week and then again in Minne. It's going to be an exciting season in the top 3, don't always see that!

• Like 2

Hey, SCV won percussion again! Good for them!

Also great to see Crown still on top! This weekend will be fun to watch once Cadets get into the mix

Interesting that every judge pinned Crown just 0.1 above BD in every subcaption that Crown won (the exceptions being Visual Analysis Achivement, a tie, and percussion obvs). I always wonder if there's isn't explicit guidance about what the top number should be in any given week. Crown's lack of movement in the scores might indicate this, as would the .1 differences across the board (yes, Crown and BD are very tight, but the same spread in 13/16 subcaptions?).

Interesting that every judge pinned Crown just 0.1 above BD in every subcaption that Crown won (the exceptions being Visual Analysis Achivement, a tie, and percussion obvs). I always wonder if there's isn't explicit guidance about what the top number should be in any given week. Crown's lack of movement in the scores might indicate this, as would the .1 differences across the board (yes, Crown and BD are very tight, but the same spread in 13/16 subcaptions?).

It is curious. What's the TOC going to be like (and the regional) scores-wise? We've seen 86-87s as the top WC scores at that regional. Will we see those scores in Missouri?

My experience is that it is more to do with the scores from the previous show instead of a hard ceiling set by DCI (love the conspiracy though). The boxes tell the judges fairly explicitly what range to score the corps in. Leaving room within each box to appropriately rank each corps is more of the challenge for the judges.