Will SCV overtake BD this season?

I think it is very possible. The gap really isn't a lot for this time of the season. And SCV has a lot more more to grow... they just have to do that, while cleaning.

• Like 1

I would not mind seeing SCV catch BD, but to say BD is clean is just an outright lie. They are certainly not even close.

• Like 3

Funny how similar this thread is to the one I started (the "darkhorse" thread) and I LOVE that there is another because it creates a buzz that I believe this corps deserves this year. I think most would not expect SCV to overtake the Blue Devils this year but I certainly would not count them out of the possibility, either. What I would love if nothing else is to see the two side by side like they were for many years prior to the mid 90s. It's a rivalry that needs to be re-kindled, regardless of which one is on top.

I watched both groups last night in Omaha. I was also able to watch SCV in their afternoon block and caught a run through of BD. Both groups are doing excellent work on the field. SCV is probably my favorite show this season. I enjoyed BD for the first couple minutes of the show but then they lost me. I don't see SCV overtaking BD this season. The gap is too big. BD's show plays to the judges sheets more than SCV. I was telling my friends that SCV has more of a classic show and BD is cutting edge. I think if we were in the 90's, then SCV would be gunning for gold.

I really miss the 90's of drum corps...but also relish what we have today as well...

I think it is very possible BD wins drums over SCV. BD has consistently been winning content subcaption while staying very close behind overall.

But BD is staying pretty close to Crown while being this dirty. When they clean up the show, I personally don't see much that could stop them from getting the gold but we will see where the Cadets stack up. I also think this is the hardest show BD has ever done.

Everyone talks about when BD gets their show clean. I see it more as IF. I mean.. they weren't nearly their usual clean last year. And this show is pretty hard for them. And Crown is much cleaner... with room still to go..and probably some changes too.

• Like 1

Funny how similar this thread is to the one I started (the "darkhorse" thread) and I LOVE that there is another because it creates a buzz that I believe this corps deserves this year. I think most would not expect SCV to overtake the Blue Devils this year but I certainly would not count them out of the possibility, either. What I would love if nothing else is to see the two side by side like they were for many years prior to the mid 90s. It's a rivalry that needs to be re-kindled, regardless of which one is on top.

Sorry about the double thread. Yours had moved to a later page and I didn't see it at first. But you are right, there certainly is a buzz about this year. Tonite should be quite telling.

Probably not BD, but they're better than the Cadets for me this year. I'd love to see SCV in 3rd.

• Like 3

If heading to the same show and BD's buses slow down enought, yes, SCV could overtake BD

• Like 3