7:10 PM – Madison Scouts

7:27 PM – The Cavaliers

7:44 PM – Phantom Regiment

8:01 PM – Bluecoats

8:18 PM – Santa Clara Vanguard

8:35 PM – The Cadets

8:52 PM – Carolina Crown

9:09 PM – Blue Devils

Read more: http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=d89950c2-ef26-4729-929e-22384d3336a7#ixzz2Z0MqG1t5

Where will Pacific Crest, Mandarins, Jersey Surf, and Oregon Crusaders fit in?

Who will be in the 12th spot this week?

Will Crown stay ahead of the Blue Devils?

We shall find out. And I'll be there watching on the side 2 40 5 rows up. See you in a week.

Until then...PREDICT! I see some REALLY good performance draws and some REALLY bad ones. Take those into consideration.

Chatroom for the event:

Chatzy.com/84986047533456

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

I love San Antonio, fantastic venue and a fantastic experience for corps members. Not sure what everybody is planning for Sunday though now that they moved I&E back to Finals week.

Too early to predict in my opinion. Lots and lots of shows between then and now. I'll revisit that process of thinking by Wednesday or Thursday.

According to the DCI website, the results at Minneapolis determine performance order. For those that did not compete, and average of scores was used to determine order. So, if performance at Minneapolis determines the order for San Antonio, why are Spirit and BAC competing before Blue Stars and why are Cavies after Madison? Phantom should be after Bluecoats and Crown should be after Blue Devils.

It also doesn't make sense if you look at average scores. In DCP's rankings, Crown is ahead of BD so they should appear last, Phantom is ahead of Bluecoats, Madison is ahead of Cavies, BAC and Spirit are both ahead of Blue Stars.

• Like 1

I think they draw performance times from groups of 3 right? So the top 3 right now are Cadets, BD, and Crown. They draw for who performs last in their group. Then the next 3 draw - then the next..... I know I've read that somewhere....

• Like 8

According to the DCI website, the results at Minneapolis determine performance order. For those that did not compete, and average of scores was used to determine order. So, if performance at Minneapolis determines the order for San Antonio, why are Spirit and BAC competing before Blue Stars and why are Cavies after Madison? Phantom should be after Bluecoats and Crown should be after Blue Devils.

It also doesn't make sense if you look at average scores. In DCP's rankings, Crown is ahead of BD so they should appear last, Phantom is ahead of Bluecoats, Madison is ahead of Cavies, BAC and Spirit are both ahead of Blue Stars.

Based on some of these placements, it makes no sense. Why are blue coats after phantom and cavaliers after scouts? As ironic as it seems DCI has become a joke!!! The only thing positive about the activity this year is that crown is winning and scouts, troopers and scv are doing well performance wise!!! Screw the scores you can't trust them anyway. Even Hopkons said it's a joke!!!

• Like 6

You didn't read the whole thing. From dci.org...........

Results from the July 13 DCI Minnesota Premier Event in Minneapolis determine the performance order for the DCI Southwestern Championship in San Antonio. For corps that did not compete in Minneapolis, scores were factored in from previous events. Once seeded in score order, corps were then drawn at random in groups of three (First through third, fourth through sixth, etc.)
  • Like 8

I think they draw performance times from groups of 3 right? So the top 3 right now are Cadets, BD, and Crown. They draw for who performs last in their group. Then the next 3 draw - then the next..... I know I've read that somewhere....

You are correct....the order is drawn in groups of three.

By quickly glancing at the order I think the draw could most benefit Bluecoats and Cavies. If the Coats wanna try to pass Phantom and Cavies with Madison, this would be the week. Blue Stars lucked out as well and may be able to stay ahead of Troopers and Crossmen.

Boston benefited the least in the draw, performing in the 12th spot. If they can't escape the 10/11/12 draw it may become harder for them to move up into the 7/8/9 grouping.

Remember, the average scores at San Antonio/Atlanta and Allentown determine performance order at prelims. Minneapolis is not included in that average.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

Six days away, baby!

ACK! Don't remind me! I have a ton of stuff to get done before this coming weekend!!!!!

Go Troop. :thumbup: