San Antonio Showdown

You didn't read the whole thing. From dci.org...........

You're correct, I didn't read the whole thing!!!!

You are correct....the order is drawn in groups of three.

By quickly glancing at the order I think the draw could most benefit Bluecoats and Cavies. If the Coats wanna try to pass Phantom and Cavies with Madison, this would be the week. Blue Stars lucked out as well and may be able to stay ahead of Troopers and Crossmen.

Boston benefited the least in the draw, performing in the 12th spot. If they can't escape the 10/11/12 draw it may become harder for them to move up into the 7/8/9 grouping.

Remember, the average scores at San Antonio/Atlanta and Allentown determine performance order at prelims. Minneapolis is not included in that average.

I think performing after the Scouts will hurt the Cavies. It didn't help them on Saturday that's for sure. Boston has the draw BK was stuck with for every Regional last year. Hard to dig out of that spot but the Crusaders can. BK going before the break I think is an advantage... Set the standard going into the INT and make everyone match or beat it.

• Like 1

You are correct....the order is drawn in groups of three.

By quickly glancing at the order I think the draw could most benefit Bluecoats and Cavies. If the Coats wanna try to pass Phantom and Cavies with Madison, this would be the week. Blue Stars lucked out as well and may be able to stay ahead of Troopers and Crossmen.

Boston benefited the least in the draw, performing in the 12th spot. If they can't escape the 10/11/12 draw it may become harder for them to move up into the 7/8/9 grouping.

Remember, the average scores at San Antonio/Atlanta and Allentown determine performance order at prelims. Minneapolis is not included in that average.

No complaints. No excuses. No whinning. Like life, and in card playing, you play with the hand that you're dealt. Those that complain about " the draw " usually fold in the end.

• Like 2

No complaints. No excuses. No whinning. Like life, and in card playing, you play with the hand that you're dealt. Those that complain about " the draw " usually fold in the end.

Amen... They'll be just fine! Quality is quality no matter where you march

• Like 2

Where will Pacific Crest, Mandarins, Jersey Surf, and Oregon Crusaders fit in?

I am so curious about these corps as well. OC will not have competed in a single show since July 2. Do any others corps have a schedule like that? For OC, it's at least partly because they need a 2nd long move-in for all-days given that area kids don't get out of university or high school until mid-June.

Let the games begin! Right now I'm debating whether I should pay the $69 to fan network now or wait till the price drops. I know I'm gonna cave...

So.......DCI is OK when they agree with you.....and they're a joke when they don't......I'm sensing a trend here.

You know what, let's do away with scores. That way we are ALL winners. Also, I'm way excited to see a lot of my marching buddies (some I haven't seen in YEARS) at this show. Such a great venue, with the riverwalk not too far either. :thumbup:

I'll be there! Such a great venue, and always interesting to see EVERYONE finally come together. I'm interested to see what OC has done as well, it feels like forever since they last performed. Prediction-wise, I don't want to say anything just yet. Give me another couple days tongue.gif

I am so curious about these corps as well. OC will not have competed in a single show since July 2. Do any others corps have a schedule like that? For OC, it's at least partly because they need a 2nd long move-in for all-days given that area kids don't get out of university or high school until mid-June.

Let the games begin! Right now I'm debating whether I should pay the $69 to fan network now or wait till the price drops. I know I'm gonna cave...

PC had their first show since RCC 6/30 yesterday. They have a break like that every year. 2 weeks before leaving to head to San Antonio.

Edited by HiddenMonster