San Antonio Showdown

I am about done with drum corps. Seriously nothing against the performers but if the blue devils show is what is considered the best and is winning "music" I completely give up

I'm with you there. So are 62% of the folks on Boo's DCI blog tonight.

• Like 1

There is some mighty early celebrating going on here. .25 is not much of a margin.

It's bigger than .1 and it is a consecutive result. That and people don't seem to ever like the idea of a good Concord corps with a good performance winning. :doh:/> We'll see where this stands in a week, it's not like there aren't two other entire drum corps threatening for the chase.

Surprised about the spread between BK and the Cavaliers. In my opinion it should be Cavaliers 9th, Blue Knights 8th, Madison Scouts 7th.

Performance order hurt Blue Knights- hard to jump in front when you go before the intermission and your target is the second corps after intermission.

• Like 2

Another score to watch out for- Blue Stars 8th in drums. If they do that, there's no keeping them out of finals IMO

• Like 3

Crown wins brass. :thumbup:/>/>/> Fifth in percussion. :doh:/>/>/> Third in Music GE. :blink:/>/>/>

" a horse, a horse, my Kingdom for a Horse !! " ( King Richard, Shakespeare )

" a Drumline, a Drumline, my Kingdom for a Drumline !!" ( Carolina Crown, 5th in Drums )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Sadly, kind of sorta have to agree with the scores. I love Crown and want them to win but to me at least they were a bit off tonight. Hopefully it's a fluke. I saw a dropped rifle in Crown which I haven't seen in quite a while. I do not however, agree with the general effect visual score though, that should have been higher than 3rd place. I am really starting to love the Blue Knights. They have a really good sound and their guard is pretty good as well.

1374377068[/url]' post='3290638']

There is some mighty early celebrating going on here. .25 is not much of a margin.

I would hardly call that celebrating, judge trends are just that predictable 9/10.

• Like 1

Cadets won both GE Vis & GE Mus

BD was 2nd in all the music captions Brass, Analysis, & Drums, but first overall.

Crown was behind BD .7 in drums, but they beat Cavies.

I'm not a BD hater and I'm not a crown fanboy and I can honestly say if this is how DCI is "evolving" with shows like BD winning...this is going to turn more people off than on

And if DCI continues to ignore the fan base, what happens to ticket sales, merchandise sales, donations, etc.? I'm not at all calling conspiracy here, but the reality is the fan base ain't buying it...and the fan base has the $$ that keeps this thing floating.

• Like 6

It seems to me that Cadets may be sitting in the best place (if they can make their guard better some how). We all know how important GE is, and they won that overall tonight. And look at the rep sub that Joe Allison gave them (93).

Cadets are usually masters at late season cleaning, and the judges at least tonight determined they had possibly the best show of the top 3, but also the dirtiest. Can't wait to see what happens.