Broken Arrow, OK

Is anyone else not impressed about BKs show and is wondering how it is scoring so well? Not to knock them. I just think they should be closer to the pack fighting for finals. I'm not saying they shouldn't be in finals... but I'm just not seeing what is so impressive about their show that separates them from Spirit, Troop, BS, Crossmen and Colts.

One word. Visual. I think they have the most impressive visual program (sans the ball, for now, I have hope they'll make it work better than the last time I saw it) in the bottom 6 of the top 12. Guard is phenomenal as well. The music captions are keeping pace enough that they aren't really hurting them.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

Is anyone else not impressed about BKs show and is wondering how it is scoring so well? Not to knock them. I just think they should be closer to the pack fighting for finals. I'm not saying they shouldn't be in finals... but I'm just not seeing what is so impressive about their show that separates them from Spirit, Troop, BS, Crossmen and Colts.

Performance? When did you see this show, again?

• Like 1

Nobody... but you Wes... predicted BK in preseason to be having such a fine year. Do you recall all the preseason prections where some had BK falling out of the TOP 12 ? I do. I knew when I first saw and heard the BK show on Fan Network last month that BK had the potential to move up over last season, and it looks right now that they just might. And I really like the show this year two. The music arrangements are quite interesting, and its a different sound for them. Its bright, not dark. And I prefer this from them. And the judges seem to be responding favorably to it too.

I knew just in the excitement level of the staff and corps members they could be very special. The responsibility that the members had placed on them and the expectations/consequences gave a new sense of pride to vets and younger members during the winter/spring. Accompany that with a great staff and design team that was placed in front of the kids and voila... Glad you dig it... It's important to reach the audience and is the route they're traveling:)

I saw them in Denver along with Troopers, and I have to say that, while I love the Trooper's music and some of their visual moments, BK...even then...performed better. I was especially impressed by the quality of their circles and curves. (and they have a LOT of circles and curves)

I saw them in Denver along with Troopers, and I have to say that, while I love the Trooper's music and some of their visual moments, BK...even then...performed better. I was especially impressed by the quality of their circles and curves. (and they have a LOT of circles and curves)

I would hope so! And circles are not easy :shutup:/>

Pacific Crest was ranked in the TOP 12 in the 2nd week of the season due to their scores out West. It was mentioned then that once the head to head match ups occured we'd receive a much better indication of that TOP 12 ranking. We are beginning to receive a better assessment now. Pacific Crest has not worked less harder than the other Corps the last 4 weeks. Its that those early season scores were only relevent to the shows they were in and had no relevancy to what would occur once the head to head matchups occured.

On 7/14 Pacific Crest scored a 75.00.

On 7/17 Pacific Crest scored a 72.300

Did Pacific Crest get worse in 3 days ? Probably not. They might have even done a much better performance, and yet scored lower. And this would be a fair score and result too. Why ? Because the Corps on 7/14 were not the same Corps of 7/ 17 upon which the judges were asked to compare them in head to head matchups. Its always the head to head matchups that are most dispositive and most valuable in show scores. Comparing scores from different shows is fraught with problems. Pacific Crest did not slip from TOP 12 rankings over the last month. The rankings, if utilizing scores from around the country was the primary criteria, was essentially rank.

out West, PC was one of the two top dogs. had they been in shows with other corps around them or above them, the scores would have been lower. contest dynamics inflated the numbers

Jackie Gilley always buries Cadets guard. ANY/EVERY year.

well, then Hop should take to his blog as well as the DCI judging coordinator about it

Crossmen have a lot of growing to do . Same as last year . Watch out for them end of season again .

Crossmen performed Their ##### Off At DCI last year! Although I thought Blue Stars and Glassmen had better shows, I thought Crossmen out performed them by a mile! I remember Tweeting right after their performance in Semi Finals " I think Crossmen Just Made Finals"!

Edited by Toby
-Filter circumvention
  • Like 1

One word. Visual. I think they have the most impressive visual program (sans the ball, for now, I have hope they'll make it work better than the last time I saw it) in the bottom 6 of the top 12. Guard is phenomenal as well. The music captions are keeping pace enough that they aren't really hurting them.

I agree with all of your points here........well, except for the Ball. I really like the Ball.....and how it's being used :smile: . Not sure if Kickhaltsforlife has seen the show live.......this is a show that (I think) doesn't read as well on the FN. I loved it live......so much eye candy in the color palette alone. The show design is very creative and entertaining. I guess we'll see how it progresses through the coming weeks, but it's already a favorite of mine!