So Hop held a gun to Dan Acheson's head at a board meeting and said "If you don't side with me, I'll blow danny's head off". So they begrudgingly agreed. And agreed to nev speak of the incident in public again?

I think we both know there is much, much more to it than that. George Hopkins, as we've seen time and time again (especially the last few days) needs to realize that he is not emotionally stable enough to lead the entirety of DCI. He can have his little cadets and YEA. That's enough.

I think we both know there is much, much more to it than that. George Hopkins, as we've seen time and time again (especially the last few days) needs to realize that he is not emotionally stable enough to lead the entirety of DCI. He can have his little cadets and YEA. That's enough.

You think YEA! is little? That's cute.

• Like 1

You think YEA! is little? That's cute.

No. Cadets are a little part of YEA. It's still a relatively minor non-profit, in the grand scheme of things. I'm part of a multi-million one myself. It can get incestual with someone with an inflated ego with no checks & balances if you're not careful. Especially one that makes disparaging remarks about a part of the country THEY ARE CURRENTLY IN.

Thanks. That makes more sense.

So, if a school has decided to host a show, and gotten the lineup through DCI, they can ask around to the other schools and see who wants to host whom? Or is that assigned too?

It is assigned by the host show director.

Now, I'll admit, when BD was in town last year we gave them the nicest facility in hopes that they would be impressed enough to come back again (remember, the corps choose to do a show or not).

But, I can tell you for sure that what we had to put up with virtually guaranteed that we'll never do that again. In fact, this year, Blue Stars are staying at one of the nicest facilities because this will be their third year in our show.

They appreciate us, and we appreciate them. It's just that simple.

• Like 4

Thanks. That makes more sense.

So, if a school has decided to host a show, and gotten the lineup through DCI, they can ask around to the other schools and see who wants to host whom? Or is that assigned too?

Remember, DCI sets the contract, and they vet the school to make sure that they have the facilities to house the corps and for the corps to practice. The host has to have the facilities lined up prior to the contract signing (not payment) in order for DCI to sign the deal.

Usually, the school SYSTEM is the other party in the contract, not an individual school.

We've had principals say they didn't want any corps again based on a bad experience (see above) but, if the show is profitable, the school district can force the principal to host the corps.

Edited by garfield

No. Cadets are a little part of YEA. It's still a relatively minor non-profit, in the grand scheme of things. I'm part of a multi-million one myself. It can get incestual with someone with an inflated ego with no checks & balances if you're not careful. Especially one that makes disparaging remarks about a part of the country THEY ARE CURRENTLY IN.

Given that - you should know...

NPO have BOD - and donors - and participants// so there are built in "checks and balances" all over the place.

It is assigned by the host show director.

Now, I'll admit, when BD was in town last year we gave them the nicest facility in hopes that they would be impressed enough to come back again (remember, the corps choose to do a show or not).

But, I can tell you for sure that what we had to put up with virtually guaranteed that we'll never do that again. In fact, this year, Blue Stars are staying at one of the nicest facilities because this will be their third year in our show.

They appreciate us, and we appreciate them. It's just that simple.

I don't know who you are but thank you very, very much for your hard work for the corps - all of them. I feel your pain and all these people not getting our angst need to realize that bi*ching about a bad housing site in the South is shooting themselves in the foot.

You Cadet apologists: Try living and going to school at those places you think are "inferior" in the South full-time. Our taxes pay for those facilities, as "bad" as they are. Our kids go to school there - and like us make their memories there that will sustain generations. We volunteer our hours there as PTA participants - at the concession stands on football Friday nights - and at the band contests on Saturdays. Those are our facilities, our gymnasiums, our practice fields...and our kids that we are darn proud of. Fact is we'll run circles around you all week and twice on Sunday.

Given that - you should know...

NPO have BOD - and donors - and participants// so there are built in "checks and balances" all over the place.

Depends on how the Board is nominated/selected/voted in/terms of service. Maybe they recycle themselves themselves over and over.

Term limits on the Board? Don't know.

If he were accountable to shareholders and made the statements he did he'd be out of there like Vladomir. I might look up the major donors to YEA on the 990 and send them a personal letter telling them why their investment is foolish given his comments.

But, I can tell you for sure that what we had to put up with virtually guaranteed that we'll never do that again.

Ooooh, sounds juicy! :bluedevil: