The fact that what one individual (who isn't famous) said about an entire region of the country in a FB post was published in the paper, shows that we as a people, need to have more problems in our lives. Absolutely pathetic to make a newspaper article about it.

I'm embarrassed for MS. Instead of complaining about how rude and unfair it was, why don't you show him why he shouldn't say bad things about the South and make it a great experience?

There are plenty of folks in the south who hate anyone who lives north of I-40.

Actually, most people in the South don't give a frog's fat a** about anyone north of I-40. Or I-20, for that matter.

C'mon down and I'll get you some crawfish and a beer. Mississippi is actually one of the nicest, most genuine friendly states in the South. Most people here actually love the perpetuating stereotype about the State because it keeps us from becoming the next Florida or Atlanta. Poor but proud is not a bad thing, to be honest.

It's only an issue b/c he's a polarizing figure in DCI and honestly, I hate the guy to begin with. I'm glad it happened and it serves him right.

• Like 1

And we wonder why Cadets have rogue judges at almost every major show. I sometimes think GH had created so many enemies in the industry (angry ex-staff, members, judges, band directors and the southern USA), that he had hurt the organization as much as he has built it.

No, but if you had multiple bad experiences at McDonalds across the Western US, would you not be more wary in the future?

No. Would you? What would being in the west possibly have to do with the quality of a McDonalds? Maybe McDonald's just sucks everywhere.

And we wonder why Cadets have rogue judges at almost every major show. I sometimes think GH had created so many enemies in the industry (angry ex-staff, members, judges, band directors and the southern USA), that he had hurt the organization as much as he has built it.

Great sarcastic post.

No. Would you? What would being in the west possibly have to do with the quality of a McDonalds? Maybe McDonald's just sucks everywhere.

Ooooooookay, you guys, no need to start talking crazy.

Actually, most people in the South don't give a frog's fat a** about anyone north of I-40. Or I-20, for that matter.

C'mon down and I'll get you some crawfish and a beer. Mississippi is actually one of the nicest, most genuine friendly states in the South. Most people here actually love the perpetuating stereotype about the State because it keeps us from becoming the next Florida or Atlanta. Poor but proud is not a bad thing, to be honest.

It's only an issue b/c he's a polarizing figure in DCI and honestly, I hate the guy to begin with. I'm glad it happened and it serves him right.

Your last sentence just undermined everything else you said.

• Like 1

The fact that what one individual (who isn't famous) said about an entire region of the country in a FB post was published in the paper, shows that we as a people, need to have more problems in our lives. Absolutely pathetic to make a newspaper article about it.

Since the webpage layout is the same wonder if this paper is owned by the same group that bought my local (Harrisburg) paper. Since the paper was bought it was reduced to 3 days a week and same thing is being done with another local paper (recently bought by the same company) 40 miles away.

Bringing it up as multiple times the papers website has been accused of posting articles just to rile people up. Idea seems to be if a large comment total is rung up then that's good for the owners..... Notice I didn't say good for the area or news in general....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

It doesn't suck out west, but you can have bad experiences everywhere. A drum corps though isn't paying $5.00 for a meal at McDonalds, they're dropping hundreds or thousands of dollars for housing sites. I think it's reasonable to expect that it's a site your group can be happy with. The corps I was with had a pretty rough experience with a housing site in the South, (no AC, cockroaches in the TWO shower stalls, cramped gym) but I don't blame the whole south. Just a sucky housing site. But I wasn't paying for it. The corps hasn't gone back to that particular school since though.