ATLANTA, GA

This year I appreciate Blue Devils (a lot more than last year) but please explain to me me what they have over Crown. I like to think of myself as reasonable person but I really do not get BD's show this year.

Thanks.

Drum score alone likely accounts for the reason they lost. .55 back (after the score was divided in half) at one competition. If they had drums like the Cadets BD or SCV, they'd be winning

RECAP

DCIAtl2013Recap.PNG

This year I appreciate Blue Devils (a lot more than last year) but please explain to me me what they have over Crown. I like to think of myself as reasonable person but I really do not get BD's show this year.

Thanks.

Drum score alone likely accounts for the reason they lost. .55 back (after the score was divided in half) at one competition. If they had drums like the Cadets BD or SCV, they'd be winning

• Like 2

GO TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

And big day for that La Crosse corps. Closing the gap on Spirit at the latter's home show is no small feat, and neither is breaking 82! :thumbup:/>

Cascades and Pioneer tied :rolleyes:/> And holy crap, SCV has denied anybody from discounting their chances at breaking into the top 3 tonight. Less than a point under Cadets!

• Like 1

Thoughts on the scores:

1. BD, Crown, Cadets, and maybe Vanguard battling out for medals? Because...
  2. SCV be creepin! Less than 2 points from the top? Wow!
  3. Looks like Phantom and Bluecoats will be going at it til championships, that spread is anywhere from a point to a tenth!
  4. Madison is a solid 7th in my eyes, widening that gap over Cavaliers a bit. Love the new ending!
  5. Boston has overtaken Blue Knights and are headed towards Cavaliers. I don't think it's too hard for them anymore, they're peaking in indy!
  6. Blue Stars have gotten closer to Spirit every single night this week. Based on what I saw tonight, they're scoring well enough and have enough room to grow that they're a solid finalist right now.
  7. Crossmen and Troopers are still close, and will be til Indy.
  8. Pacific Crest and Colts are going to be neck and neck til Indy.
  9. Nice job Mandarins! Their best show that I've EVERY seen!
  10. Academy, Oregon, and Mandarins have their own battle.
  11. Jersey Surf a solid 20th.
  12. Cascades and Pioneer duking it out.

WHAT A GREAT YEAR!!! And GO TROOP!

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

Thanks.

* I high-achieving percussion section

* clean(er) visual

* a brass line VERY comparable to Crown

* a guard that challenging for 1st (haven't seen recaps yet, so don't know how they did tonight)

same as last couple years...

Dollars to donuts Crown's percussion cost them the show.

Absolutely. I would not want to be a Crown drummer right now. I have come around on their book. I do not consider it the bag of feces I did at the start of the year. It sounded like Crown's drumline has improved considerably. Too bad for them their are lines like Cadets, SCV, Bluecoats . . .

That's easy. Percussion.

Add guard to that list. BD took the top spot.

• Like 1