what are your top 3 corps?

Wow, a lot of people on DCP can't count :tongue:/>/>

As for me,

Blue Devils

Boston Crusaders

Glassmen

It's not that we can't, it's just that we refuse to! :tongue:

Or perhaps we're all counting like Crown counts this year! :thumbup:

Hey all! I'm very new to drum corps (just started getting interested last summer) and now I'm quite obsessed. Since "of all time" is not very long for me, my top three favorite corps (judging from the videos I've watched of shows from 2000-present) are:

1. Carolina Crown

2. Santa Clara Vanguard

3. Phantom Regiment

• Like 1

1. Santa Clara Vanguard(amazing almost every single year since the beginning of DCI)

2. Cavaliers(My favorite corps of the late 90s and 2000s)

3. Madison Scouts

Honorable Mention

Blue Devils(so many amazing shows, but a few really odd ones as well)

Cadets(again, so many amazing shows, but some really annoying ones as well)

Star of Indiana(a few more shows and they might have possibly made my top 3 of all time)

Just curious what everyone's top 3 favorite corps are of all time.I couldn't choose 3 so I'm doing 5 and they are 1. Bluecoats, 2. Carolina Crown,3. Phantom regiment 4. Crossmen 5. Boston crusaders.

1) The Flying Dutchmen ( Dunkirk, NY )

2) Erie Keynotes ( Erie, PA. )

3) Al Spam ( A.l. Post #570 ) Austin, Minn.

4) Flashing Lassies ( Monterey Park, Calif. )

5) Maumee's Demons ( Maumee, Ohio )

These are former Corps that have become some of my favorites... on simple name alone.

I didnt know what to base this on.

But there are 3 corps that i rutinely donate to. So i guess that works as criteria for my 3 favorite corps.

SCV

BAC

Blue Knights

1 - Blue Devils - BD 95 got me hooked on drum corps when I was 10 years old, so BD will always be my favorite. And I am proud to admit it, BD 2010 is one of my favorite shows of all time.

2 - Santa Clara Vanguard - Second most listened to corps and have always loved them. First show I ever saw them live was 99. Loved that show.

3 - Phantom Regiment - This one was hard. I have enjoyed the Bluecoats...but I don't there's enough shows that I like from to put in my 3rd place. And there are WAY too many shows I enjoy from Phantom.

1. I know my choice for first place will be an east way out answer, but I am going to say it's a tie between 27th Lancers and Boston Crusaders. 27th produced some of my all time favorite shows and I loved hat color guard. BAC also had great shows and musical selections and I loved their pluck in the lean years. Today their shows are still among my favorites and I have a great deal of respect for the Boston Crusader organization.

2. Phantom Regiment: As a classical music love and opera buff, I appreciate PR's approach to their music and how they so often follow the composer's intentions in their arrangements. They too have a phenomenal guard.

3. Madison Scouts: I love watching my DVD's from 1974 to 2012. I'm already looking forward to adding 2013 to my collection. If I'm in the mood for a serious show, a whimsical show, a nostalgic show, or simply a blowout show, chances are I can find a Madison show that will satisfy mood. Also, I think all drum corps fans need to be blown away by sheer volume from time to time and Madison never disappoints.

Honorable mentions: Kilties, SCV, Troopers, Blue Stars (back in the day), Bridgemen, and North Star.

The corps most likely to win a top three spot: Carolina Crown.

Edited by Tim K

Blue Devils

Spirit

Crown/Star