what are your top 3 corps?

Cadets

Crown

Phantom Regiment

Ugh, I can't do "of all time." Not with just 3. Every year is different, and my preferences change over the years as I go back and watch and listen. However, I have one that I'll have to put at the very top:

SCV - first "big" corps that I saw; hooked me on American classical music with their 1983 show; always maintain that "classy" demeanor; willing to stretch their own wings and try things but also willing to pull back in and go traditional and do it oh so well.

After that, of course, is Troopers. Duh. They helped grow me up in ways I didn't think possible. Thank you, Jim Jones, and all who taught me there, and all who fed and housed me there, and all who nursed my illnesses there, and all who marched with me there, and all who marched before me and after me. That Long Blue Line will never bend - HLD!

But after that it gets really muddy depending on eras and tastes. Cavies? Yep, lots of years but especially their "Planets" years and their brief foray into British styles. Crossmen and Cadets in the 90's, Phantom all over the place over the 30 years I've been aware of drum corps, Suncoast for their innovation and amazing sound in the 1980's... really, the list could go on and on.

Great lists! :thumbup:

I've always had a special place for Troopers - my "dream job" (literally) has always been to become the Troopers director and help them win their 1st world championship (playing a very traditional Troopers show). Suncoast - even their final few season I loved them. Even their "weird" years such as the "Dances of the Contemporary Child" - LOVED them. I really dig "old Cavaliers" too - the Brubaker seasons - late 80s - with the very aggressive/masculine shows... LOVED them.

• Like 1

Just curious what everyone's top 3 favorite corps are of all time.I couldn't choose 3 so I'm doing 5 and they are 1. Bluecoats, 2. Carolina Crown,3. Phantom regiment 4. Crossmen 5. Boston crusaders.

BAC, DPV, BD

• Like 1

Regiment

Star

Crown

Don't know about all time.....but the one's I find myself looking for their videos on youtube and on the fan network, and trying to find out their information on the net via DCI.org, DCP or on wikipedia are

Cadets

Crown

Phantom

followed closely by

Cavies

Madison

Troopers

Blue Stars

Edited by msumello

Wow, a lot of people on DCP can't count :tongue:/>

As for me,

Blue Devils