Why cant SCV be in the mix with the top 3

The demand of the SCV show may not match the top three however I find it the most enjoyable to watch and listen to.

Same here.

• Like 1

They are wonderful this year and should be pleased with their placements and fan appreciation this year. They are certainly not out of medal contention at this point, but who do they overtake? Kind of remind me of PR2012 where they become the crowd favorite with their elegance and emotion...

I love their show this year even though I'm kind of Les Mizzed out, myself (not in drum corps, just generally what with all the Broadway revivals and the film). I think they perform it really well, but I personally would be surprised to see them overtake any of the top three because while they get among the best crowd reactions (which supposedly is being scored in GE these days, though there's no evidence of it reflected in actual scores), their show doesn't feel as demanding to me in horn charts or visual and doesn't innovate as much as the judges like, which we can see reflected in the top three's GE scores. It's a retro show design that we could have seen several years ago. I don't care. It's still a lot of fun.

It is very interesting hearing some bold statements from people that the top 3 have such a superior production. What I don't hear is facts to back up the statement. Moving and playing is one demand that they present that I don't see in the caption placements or scores as well, there is no doubt that Cadets play and move probably better than all of them! Crowns horn line moves to floor and holds there horns one handed and layers on lower body movement--while playing. BD has a segment that the horn line goes to the floor but they don't play. Next time you watch BD tell me how many time they follow the leader in a circle around the Mayberry pole at a step size les than 8 to 5, is this innovative drill or staging? How often do they play and move or is it just moving while the Jamming drum kit is playing in the pit. These are the analysis I am making and the judges should be looking at as well and I don't see it in the caption placements and spreads!

• Like 7

It is very interesting hearing some bold statements from people that the top 3 have such a superior production. What I don't hear is facts to back up the statement. Moving and playing is one demand that they present that I don't see in the caption placements or scores as well, there is no doubt that Cadets play and move probably better than all of them! Crowns horn line moves to floor and holds there horns one handed and layers on lower body movement--while playing. BD has a segment that the horn line goes to the floor but they don't play. Next time you watch BD tell me how many time they follow the leader in a circle around the Mayberry pole at a step size les than 8 to 5, is this innovative drill or staging? How often do they play and move or is it just moving while the Jamming drum kit is playing in the pit. These are the analysis I am making and the judges should be looking at as well and I don't see it in the caption placements and spreads!

You're not hearing facts because...umm...there are no "facts". The entire activity is a matter of opinion. Informed opinion and (we hope) relatively unbiased opinion. But --in the end -- it's what someone "thinks" about each corps performance and design. There are no touchdowns, 3 point shots, home runs, fastest times, etc..

• Like 4

if you look at their visual design its hard for anyone to say its not as hard as the top 3, especially BD.

brass design its not as difficult as crown, but the design is well done and balanced well featuring all the sections.

guard is top notch, competing for the top. percussion is premier and it would be surprising if they did not win, although cadets and bd will be right there too.

its their GE scores that are currently holding them back. in visual overall they edged out cadets on saturday, if my memory serves me right. on sunday the top 4 in music overall were spread out by .15, with SCV being 4th.

with more changes to come, i do expect them to close the gap on the top 3. and overtake the cadets. depending on the panel SCV is either 2 points behind the cadets or .5. weird stuff.

• Like 3

Well i think their show is more old school and this exemplifies why there should be two classes. Them and PR are doing more traditional shows and Cadets IMO are kind of doing a hybrid show. Crown and BD are both doing out there shows using different styles. BD being more dissonant which is my favorite.

• Like 1