No Shows Until Can See Live - WORTH IT?

So I've been going to the Live DCI Atlanta event since it started in 06. I've always watched all or part of shows on the computer before the Atl show so kinda know what to expect usually. Trying to watch very little and have read no reviews this year just to try something different. Hope to be more surprised by not knowing what to expect ( although I just couldn't resist watching Spirit's or Crown's shows in their entirety and am VERY excited to see the rest of the shows). Anyway, any other fans try this? If so, was it worth it or did you feel like you missed TOO much by not knowing what to look for?

I often haven't seen very many shows before the Casper/Denver pairing in early July (if I get to go) or San Antonio. While I have Fan Network, I generally don't have time to watch a lot in one sitting except for the live shows that I'm attending. So, I sort of do this anyway. For example, before Casper/Denver this year the only shows I had seen already were Troopers and Madison. I really enjoyed seeing everyone else for the first time in the stadium.

So, I say go for it! I think it enhances the experience, personally.

• Like 1

I tried that this year, but then again, I had the first show of the year right by me. So I got to see the first two California shows, so saw some of the shows live. Since there are no regionals within 1000 miles of me though, I do need to rely on Fan Network for the Mid-west and East Coast corps

So I've been going to the Live DCI Atlanta event since it started in 06. I've always watched all or part of shows on the computer before the Atl show so kinda know what to expect usually. Trying to watch very little and have read no reviews this year just to try something different. Hope to be more surprised by not knowing what to expect ( although I just couldn't resist watching Spirit's or Crown's shows in their entirety and am VERY excited to see the rest of the shows). Anyway, any other fans try this? If so, was it worth it or did you feel like you missed TOO much by not knowing what to look for?

I do something like this every year... It is completely worth it!

Probably the majority of people who attend a drum corps show this year will not have watched any of the year's performances in advance.

Considering how much people ##### about the low quality of Fan Network, not sure why anyone would buy it. DCI has a LONG way to go to make that package worth it. There is nothing on Fan Network that isn't readily accessible for free on You Tube. Do Better, DCI.

Edited by BozzlyB
  • Like 3

Considering how much people ##### about the low quality of Fan Network, not sure why anyone would buy it. DCI has a LONG way to go to make that package worth it. There is nothing on Fan Network that isn't readily accessible for free on You Tube. Do Better, DCI.

Because it's a great way for those of us who can't get to shows to see them, with pretty good production values. Most YouTube videos look like they were recorded with a potato and audio recorded by a cat, so Fan Network has much higher quality. And it gives me a chance to see how shows progress through the season.

• Like 2

I actually think they've done a great job with the FN, and the price is reasonable to me (same or cheaper than going to two shows during the year if you consider the price of parking and snacks at most stadiums). And your YouTube claim is totally false.

• Like 1