Your favorite Drum Corps screw up!

It WAS the Z-pull...but the 84 version..

Juat remember, Jer...you were wearing blue when it happened...not red...

You see, I keep thinking I was wearing Green and red when it happened. I must be thinking back to prelims 83 when we came on after the Cadets (or as we said then Garfield). I guess those things happen when you get older. :)

Wait a minute was I wearing blue when we stood along the wall at Denver? Oh, wait that was red and green standing behind us then.

Wearing green and red? Wearing blue?

Are you a switch hitter JBL??

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That said, 87 is still one of my all time favorite Cadets show, the guard did help sell the show, and one of the best COSTUMES ever put on the field.

I agree. That's probably one of the best jobs I've ever seen of a guard minimizing its technical weaknesses while maximizing its stylistic strengths. The uniform and flag designs--combined with a softer, more ethereal flag book and elegant body work--really added to the show.

You see, I keep thinking I was wearing Green and red when it happened. I must be thinking back to prelims 83 when we came on after the Cadets (or as we said then Garfield). I guess those things happen when you get older. :)

Wait a minute was I wearing blue when we stood along the wall at Denver? Oh, wait that was red and green standing behind us then.

Like you, he marched SC before moving to BD...I think there were about 9 or so people who left Vanguard for BD between the 83 & 84 seasons....and the poor shmucks STILL never won at Pacific Procession (figures...84 was the first year in nearly a decade where SCV won it's own show...)

Anyone remember Phantom in 81, 82, or 83 Whitewater? (Sorry I can’t remember, I was young and was too interested in the bus rides to pay attention to anything.) b**bs

A contra was backing up between some tenor drums and had to do a spin. Caught the drum and fell. As he was going down, he launched his horn straight into the air. The funniest and scariest thing I have ever seen. That horn must have gone 10 feet into the air. He got back up and continued the rest of the show!

Like you, he marched SC before moving to BD...I think there were about 9 or so people who left Vanguard for BD between the 83 & 84 seasons....and the poor shmucks STILL never won at Pacific Procession (figures...84 was the first year in nearly a decade where SCV won it's own show...)

Sam

I believe there were about 20 of us that moved from SCV to BD in 1984. There was about 5 former SCV members in the hornline, but about 50 percent of the 84 BD drumline came from 83 SCV, and there were a few girls in the guard who had also marched 83 SCV.

• 2 years later...
The wreck happened at Whitewater FINALS in 84 -- not prelims. Prelims was our best show of the year.

1984 Cadets???? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::worthy:

Well, I WAS there in the 84 z-pull domino rally.

I can remember some show in california too, where a (marauder?) chick performed the ENTIRE SHOW with her fly open and her pants stretched WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOO TIGHT. Nice pink undies poking out of black pants.

Personally, I don't remember anything I've personally screwed up in a show. But I have clouted a judge or two on a snap turn! b**bs They really gotta learn to stay out of my way!

From a previous post on a similar topic....

QUOTE(LancerLegend @ May 2 2005, 04:37 PM)

Was told this - but was too young to be there. 1969 Kilties drum major - after concert - forgets to give the command "Horns up" - and proceeds to give a "Mark time march" command. The hornline freaked - some raise their horns to play - others didn't. Need some dinosaur to confirm this.

(Pre-DCI I know, but a huge contributor to DCI when it was formed.)

(sigh........) I'll be the confirming dinosaur.

This actually happened in 1972 at DCI finals, coming out of concert. The train wreck was compounded by the fact that the music was supposed to start on count "1"--no 4-for-nothing. We were able to recover after about 8 counts (no freaking out, just p***ed at the DM), but our performance really went into the tank. I think we dropped from 6th in prelims to 9th in finals or thereabouts.

The poor DM (his first year, following Scotty Poulsen), who had done a creditable job until then, made it through the rest of the season and was never seen again.

The ULTIMATE!!! and I mean ULTIMATE Drum Corps Screw up was the Mandarins (I think 2001) at Precsision West. This young lady from the guard stopped at the end of a song and her bare chest was showing because her top came down. This Woman had some guts because she just held it there like it never happend and as soon as they were supposed to move she pulled it up.

The next Rifle toss She NAILED IT! I was proud of her not to get ruffled over that!

Okay...THAT needs to be in the picture thread!

c'mon....WHO's got it?

how about the SCV surprise bottle dance at finals in 1982?

I'm embarrassed for them every time I hear it. I don't know if

I've ever heard a worse cross tempo.